Focus T25 VS. P90X

Options
lkokot
lkokot Posts: 80 Member
Was just wondering if anybody has started the Focus T25 routine and what are they thoughts on it. How would you compare it to P90X?

Replies

• rolemodel69
    rolemodel69 Posts: 365
    Options
    Not the same kind of program. P90X has much more resistance training to help muscle growth. Focus T25 is more like Insanity with a lot of Plyometric and Cardio moves that will get your heart rate to the top.

P90X is 1 hour workouts while Focus T25 is 25 minutes workouts.

What are your goals?
  • scobyda
    scobyda Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I had the same question! I had a baby 5 months ago and have 30 pounds from that plus 20 pounds that I needed to loose before I got pregnant. So 50 pounds ugg.. I really want to transform shape not just change the numbers on the scale. I a stay at home mom so I can do the othet 30 mind a day p90x requires. Just not sure i will get as good results im half the time in t25. Thoughts? Avoiding insanity because its too advanced for where I am right now. :) Thoughts?
  • msafunk
    msafunk Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I haven't done T25 yet, since I'm in the middle of Insanity, but I have done p90x. Personally, I prefer Insanity and Shaun T. over p90x and Tony Horton.

Shaun T. is awesome, and the fact that his workouts don't require extra equipment (ignoring Asylum), is great for people who don't want to worry about having 3 different sets of weights, a chin-up bar, and resistance bands.

As for Insanity being "too advanced" for someone that is 50lbs overweight, don't even think about it! I've seen 300lb+ people starting insanity. The pace and a lot of the moves can be modified. Too tired to do power jacks? Do jumping jacks... still can't do jumping jacks? Jog in place or do squats. You probably won't be able to keep up with the pushups at first, but you can always do them on your knees or hold a high plank. The big point is the drive to do better each time.

If you can keep up with Insanity on your first go, you probably don't need a workout program anyway because you have your fitness figured out.
  • scobyda
    Options
    Thanks for reply. I have heard Insanity causes alot of people knee pain. Since I delivered, I'm have joint pain ..wrists kneed and feet are worst..no whining just further explaining why I'm avoiding Insanity at this time. :)

Alot of great workouts to choose from. Maybe t25 is better to "melt fat" first and then do p90x to build muscles? I like the ripped look on ud ladied..just not bulky ripped. Lol
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Thanks for reply. I have heard Insanity causes alot of people knee pain. Since I delivered, I'm have joint pain ..wrists kneed and feet are worst..

Everything does loosen up during/after pregnancy but your baby is 5 months old now. You need to see your GP to find out why you still have joint pain. 6 weeks afterbirth is usually when the body starts returning to normal :wink:
  • catryan
    catryan Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello

I'm doing Focus T25 at the moment, I haven't done P90X so can not comment on that comparison but I can tell you that Focus T25 is great.

I am only on day 3, I do it first thing in the morning, you don't need much floor space and you definitely get a sweat on, even when you are not able to do the whole thing.

I know that there is a waiting list now for the next batch of available packs so even if you wanted to start now you'd have to wait a few months.
  • jecka93
    jecka93 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I haven't done any.
    But I'm about to start Focus T25 and can't wait! :)
    You'll build some lean muscle with it with the 'beta and gamma' phase, alpha uses no equiptment.
    I've seen great progress photos from people though! They're lossing inches around their waist!
  • Rickert1986
    Options
    Going to start T25 Tonight!! Can't wait! I did insanity/insanity asylum and p90x these programs are awesome!!!
  • lkokot
    Options
    I just seen couple of minutes of few of the videos and you are right, the structure of those are way different from P90X.

My goal is to build dry muscle mass so I'm thinking P90X would be better since it concentrates more on strength training.

Thanx for the input.
  • are822
    are822 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I started T25 this week and what I really like about it is that you can double up on workouts if you want to. I knew I wasn't going to be able to get to it today so I did one in the morning and one in the evening yesterday. 25 minutes is just so easy to fit in. You don't need much room and it's a great workout. I do boot camps, personal training and all kinds of classes and Shaun T does a lot of similar moves but in ways that just work so much better than I've done before. I tend to get knee pain as well from some workouts and this has been just fine. Jump when you can, modify when you can't. Loving it so far!
  • scobyda
    Options
    Wow the waiting list is that long? has anyone else heard that? that's really strange what are you supposed to do before It arrives?
  • LisaMfit4life
    LisaMfit4life Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm in my 4th week of T25 and loving it! I completed Insanity just before this. There is no comparison. There are a couple of moves from insanity in it, but the program is totally different. The program consists of two phases Alpha and Beta. Alpha is the first 5 weeks and Beta is the second 5 weeks. Tania from Insanity is the modifier so if you struggle with any of the moves in the program follow Tania. I've already lost 6 lbs and 7 inches since I started. Believe me in the 25 minutes you're burning calories. It's a program for any fitness level. :smile:
    Lisa
  • LisaMfit4life
    Options
    Hi! At one point when T25 first debuted the base kits were on backorder, but that isn't the case now. It was because of the high demand for the program. :smile:
  • LisaMfit4life
    Options
    The program at one time was on backorder when it first debuted. There is no waiting list for the program at this point in time. The delivery date from ordering from Team Beachbody is 5-7 days at the most.
  • LisaMfit4life
    Options
    Hi! The program if followed correctly and with clean nutrition would be very effective in losing the baby weight. Tania from Insanity is the modifier in the videos and she dropped 20 pounds of baby weight after a c-section just doing the modifications. The program has been effective with individuals obtaining results if followed correctly. Of course with any fitness routine nutrition is always a large part of success in reaching your goals. Hope this helps.
    :smile:
  • catryan
    catryan Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Wow the waiting list is that long? has anyone else heard that? that's really strange what are you supposed to do before It arrives?

I'm in the UK, sorry I should have said, we have a waiting list here last time I checked.
  • wildeone4
    wildeone4 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    p90x is more focused on muscle building and t25 has more of a cardio effect. t25 is also much shorter...25 minutes compared to an hour or more. I have done both (done some of the t25 workouts at least and will actually start the program tomorrow..done it live with Shaun T too) so shoot me a message if you have questions!
  • nippy70
    nippy70 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi on week t25 a d have put weight on. I'm gutted. I've stuck to it 100%. Eating 1600 cals. The sweat drops off you but I'm gutted I've put 2lb on.
  • lkokot
    Options
    Hi on week t25 a d have put weight on. I'm gutted. I've stuck to it 100%. Eating 1600 cals. The sweat drops off you but I'm gutted I've put 2lb on.

Hmmmm
    Do you think it might be because you build some muscle or...?
  • rolemodel69
    Options

Water retention for sure....did you take your measurements?