Needing friends :)

Options
Hey just a little about me: I’ve been a member for years (on and off). I have struggled with being overweight and obese since 5th grade. I’m now 21. It is a constant battle. I start a diet but shoot it down with celebratory eating and loss of will power at times when I find myself alone. I’ve had history of binging throughout high school which only left me thirsty, hungry, and ill looking with little benefit of weight loss. I currently work as a prn travel therapist and sit in my vehicle most on these days. But I stay busy working 2 other jobs in the healthcare industry, night and day shifts.... whatever, whenever I can get them. Im now attempting another weight loss journey, in hopes of it being my last, as I hope to soon be married to my wonderful, high school sweetheart of a fiancé and being the path of parenthood. I would like to kick off all these new endeavors with a fresh start. Needing friends with similar backgrounds and goals. I would like to have people to read my post and give me feed back on a day to day basis. Discussion group are a bit overwhelming for me to keep up with. Oh, current weight: 210 (heaviest ever) and 5ft 3’. Thanks everybody!

Replies

• rosstarrant
    rosstarrant Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi, I read all this, sounds tough, but keep the faith and imagine how much better you will feel when you start to lose the weight, just keep that in mind. Little bit about me, I’m 20 looking to gain weight as I started about 4 weeks ago back at the gym. I weighed 60kg when I started, I know weight 62.5kg. Put on by going to the gym and eating more calories. I know we have different goals but I’m always look for support as well. Be good to have you as a friend (add me if you like as I don’t know how to add people).
  • hoppgeorge
    hoppgeorge Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Id be happy to help you on your journey. I like to be positive and supportive.

Ive been obese my whole life. Im 38. At my heaviest i was 400lbs. Im 313 today. I have about 60 more lbs to go. We have 4 kids in the house and i work a lot. It can be done!! I struggle with wanting to eat way too much. I have good days and horrible days.

You can do this. Focus on making small changes to start with. Your on a journey now, not in a race.

Im rambling now lol. Add me if you like. Looking forward to helping
  • Iamsimpleguy
    Iamsimpleguy Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, Enter your food diary daily and keep tracking your calories, try to do small exercises. Keep active yourself. All the best!! Feel free to add me

For a Starter check this link http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300331/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest