My rolls are disappearing, Yeah!!!

Options
Ok, so I don't notice the weight loss going down on the scale much, but I keep checking the rolls on my body and they are shrinking. This is what motivates me to keep on going, keep on exercising although some days I just don't feel like it I just do it because I know next week there will be a change in my body.

Replies

• Winter0916
    Winter0916 Posts: 80
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I know exactly what you mean, I am not that big but I had huge rolls on my back that used to make me so depressed. Yesterday I bought a dress and noticed that they're dissappearing! It's a great feeling! yay us!!
  • whittrusty
    whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! It's not instant gratification like the scale, but I think that's WAY more motivating when you can actually see yourself changing!
  • ZeeCee72
    ZeeCee72 Posts: 12
    Options
    :laugh: Congrats! I was cracking up when I read the topic of this thread...I SO identify!:tongue:
  • Natalie7227
    Options
    That is so great! The scale doesn't really mean much anyway, I actually measure myself every month and also check my body fat level with a body fat measurer that I had bought. Greatest investment ever. Way better than the scale. It really proves to you that your not shrinking your toning up your muscles so way to go.
  • sharonsylvester
    sharonsylvester Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    thanks all for understanding my little joy.:smile:
  • dropit2010
    Options
    Thanks for the idea! I have been relying on the scale to show me how much I am melting away, but the tape measure can do it much better. I was feel a little down because I thought pounds would be dropping a little faster, but they may be just in a different way. Thanks for your different view point!!!
  • sharonsylvester
    Options
    you are so very welcome, if I was suppose to rely on the scale I would constantly be in a depressed mood. Sometimes all you need to do is take a look at your body and see what has changed.
  • sissytx
    sissytx Posts: 50
    Options
    I so understand this. I have not lost that many pounds but I have noticed and also some of my friends that my body is shrinking.
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! It's not instant gratification like the scale, but I think that's WAY more motivating when you can actually see yourself changing!

Yes it is way more motivating.

And more motivating for me is when my DH notices. It is harder for him to notice these things I guess because he sees me everyday naked, fully clothed and everything in between.

To the OP, congrats!!!
  • starlitkate
    starlitkate Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Since I'm starting the Shred exercise program today then I'm gonna measure everything and then measure again in a week or two. If I still don't notice then I'll wait 2 more weeks. But I'm hoping I'll notice something within a week or two. I never exercise so I'm almost certain I'll notice something when I measure again.

And congrats on the change. Can't wait! :D
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    The tape measure is the BOMB! The scale has only moved 8.8 lbs. but the tape measure says I lost 4 inches from my tummy! I know just what you mean - I love seeing the difference.
  • sharonsylvester
    Options
    Well I must say, Congratulation to everyone for their small accomplish towards meeting their goal of a smaller you.
  • Songsu
    Songsu Posts: 3
    Options
    Yea!!!!, Now that you have admitted it, I am going to join in and say yes my rolls are shrinking also. It sounds funny, but it is so rewarding to catch a glimpse in the mirror and say WOW! is that my back looking better. Keep up the good work. I am right there with you.
  • nomofat
    nomofat Posts: 17
    Options
    Your post made me smile big! Thanks for posting and congratulations! :bigsmile:
  • ritodcin03
    ritodcin03 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this! I had a similar revelation in the locker room this morning. It's a great feeling!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!