Restarting

Options
I had a big cheat meal Sunday and since then have felt less enthusiastic about the gym and haven't gotten back to that weight. I've managed to hold onto it the entire time, even though I've lifted twice and ate 'normal'. I think my best move is to get strict on counting for a little and make SURE I am counting EVERYTHING. Then get a great leg day lift in tonight and see how it goes. Anyone have similar problems?

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    I used to have similar issues to that, but that was back when I didn't really use MFP in the best way and didn't really understand that I don't need to be needlessly restrictive.

If a big cheat meal has this effect on you mentally, maybe revise your strategy, rather than having cheat meals, fit stuff you like into your week. Look at calories over the week rather than the day and plan ahead. If you know you're going out with friends dinner on a weekend night for example - have a lighter lunch or bank some calories during the week.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    One cheat meal isn't going to make you gain weight - unless the meal was 3500 calories and you'd already hit your maintenance calorie goal before the meal. Even then you'd only gain 1 pound.