Over and over again!!

Hi!

My name is Lisa - and I’ve been here before..many times. I lose..I gain...I lose...I gain! It affects every part of my life...literally is the ONLY thing I think about all day. Eat this..don’t eat that...Start a new diet...let’s try intuitive eating and haes. There’s got to be more to life than this.
Counting drives me nuts...I feel restricted and binge.yet not counting I let myself go. I have no control.
Help! Anyone been in this boat and gotten through..could use some words of encouragement
Thanks

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Have you tried working on the restraint, and scheduling and eating regular meals?

Google "what is normal eating?".
  • hollyberry6182
    hollyberry6182 Posts: 345 Member
    I think it's all to do with your mind set. Reading your story is just like my own. Start... fail... Start... fail... Start...
    I joined Biggest Loser Challenge on MFP and that kept me accountable for a while... until I fail again... but I seem to keep going back to them...
    I also set myself fitness goals, so this year was to complete a half marathon without stopping to walk. That helped. I had a schedule, I kept to it... until I got bored.
    What I'm trying to say is, it's completely normal to feel this way. I've been on MFP for 2.5 years and I always manage to get back to it. I guess eventually my mind will just switch back on again. Mind over matter.
  • mandtangedahl
    mandtangedahl Posts: 9 Member
    My husband always says to think about where you would be if you didn't keep starting over....probably in a pretty horrible place. So, maybe you aren't where you want to be, but perseverance counts for something