FUTURE INVENTIONS

Options
So I keep thinking wouldn't it be great to have an app where you can scan your food and it will give you the exact calories and nutritional composition without a barcode, measuring or looking it up? I'm banking on this in twenty years! Think how easy it would be to track calories! That being said, what is something you hope gets invented in the future, diet related or not?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You'll still have to not overeat.
  • skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    This was on kickstarter some years ago.
    SCiO
    No idea what happened to it. I thought it could be a fun gadget, but wouldn't trust the accuracy.

EDIT: Unreliable sources say there is a dispute about the intellectual property of the name of this product. It seems to have been shipped out for a while before this came up. I can't find experiences about the product, nor has the dispute been resolved in the year or so since it disappeared from kickstarter.
  • marshageroli
    marshageroli Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You'll still have to not overeat.

Lol seriously! I just hate the time it takes me to log everything, especially inputting new recipes, although it isn't that bad in light of everything else (:
  • marshageroli
    marshageroli Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    skymningen wrote: »
    This was on kickstarter some years ago.
    SCiO
    No idea what happened to it. I thought it could be a fun gadget, but wouldn't trust the accuracy.

EDIT: Unreliable sources say there is a dispute about the intellectual property of the name of this product. It seems to have been shipped out for a while before this came up. I can't find experiences about the product, nor has the dispute been resolved in the year or so since it disappeared from kickstarter.

Interesting! Maybe that means it's a possibility for the future then!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Just wait for them to properly invent Tricorders. They'll do it.