Scales

Options
Hey guys my new years resolution is to weigh once a week only.Have you any interesting storys about the scale staying the same and going up and then dropping etc etc would like to learn morn about it.I learned about water weight too but more info would be useful thanks

Replies

• Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    Weight fluctuates alot. My lowest dips can be big, arrive very unpredictably and often after long periods of time. If I don't weigh every day I would miss them. If I weigh only once a week I could see a temporary up on the scales which is meaningless. A single value on the scales is meaningless. Only the average over days and weeks is informative.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I wouldn’t say an interesting story because everyone experiences this. Weight loss is not linear.

You can read this thread to see the reasons why: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10084670/it-is-unlikely-that-you-will-lose-weight-consistently-i-e-weight-loss-is-not-linear
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    Here's a 3 month trend for me where I consumed at or below my calorie goal every day. Daily weights were all over the place and even the trend line went up and down. However, the overall trend over time was downward and that's what I was after.

As for how often to weigh, I like to weigh daily because that gives me more data points for my trend line. Any particular day's weight doesn't mean much except as part of the overall picture.

rx8g3o23ph4u.jpg