Round 2

Options
I have not been committed to my personal health for about 3.5 yrs now. Between 2011-2013, I was very dedicated to my health and was able to accomplish a tremendous feat of losing 200lbs. I was able to maintain that weight for the following 1.5 yrs. until I got remarried, got happy, and decided to have more children. I hadn’t allowed myself to slip, so when I became pregnant I didn’t want to worry about food or weighing myself or anything that would keep me from eating enough for the baby; so I didnt monitor my portions, food health, or weight throughout my pregnancy and by the end I had gained almost 100lbs back by the beginning of 2016. Then Summer of 2016 I rededicated myself to trying to lose weight, but I then realized I still wanted to have another child and I knew I needed to lose the weight, and I was having pretty good success, but I didnt want to lose all the weight just to gain it back again, so we decided to have another child and I became pregnant in November 2016 with my 4th and final baby.

I gave birth to a healthy baby boy on July 31, 2017 (11 weeks ago), and with this second pregnancy (since my 200lbs. wt. loss) I gained even more weight and by the end of my pregnancy my weight had climbed to 292lbs. so I had gained back almost 150lbs. Since having my son I have lost 33.8lbs and I am almost back down to my weight before this pregnancy started, now I just need to keep at it and lose the rest that I have gained back.

I dont feel my weight was ever easy to maintain at 150lbs. and as I look back at my success last time, I was more realistically able to maintain it at 165-175lbs. So that is currently my new goal. So my hope is to be the best mommy and wife I can be and my goal is to lose about 90lbs. I know if I stay committed I can do it, I’ve done this before. But, I think the biggest error I made was thinking that I didn’t need to track once I hit goal weight. I think to keep yourself honest and aware you should always keep monitoring and being honest with yourself. When I hid from the scale it made it easier for me to eat whatever I wanted and not worry about the consequences. I know better now, and this truly is a lifelong journey...Round 2 here I go!!

Replies

• pineapple_jojo
    pineapple_jojo Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the birth of your babies! And well done on your loss since getting back on the wagon, it's great you have identified a sustainable goal. Good luck!