Hikers welcome!

Options
Hello! My name is Hayden. I’ve lost 115 pounds, and I’ve recently discovered my love for hiking! I’d love to make some friends with similar interests who have any tips and tricks, recommended hikes, etc. :)dokrwns20ozm.jpeg

Replies

• CocoaGirl26
    CocoaGirl26 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I love to hike! Such a great way to achieve a full body workout:)
    Which area are you looking for, for hike recommendations?
  • litoria
    litoria Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Yo! I'm a very enthusiastic hiker, love it. I've recently done Everest Base Camp
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Been hiking a lot recently and it's now a regular part of my daily activities (I'm retired) and exercise program.

Hiked 18 miles in Aug. 28 miles in Sep. And, 40 miles so far in Oct. Mostly in local regional parks but also some at a closed golf course nearby.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    Hiking is the best.
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Hiking rules!
  • Barfly57
    Barfly57 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Love it! We hike mostly in the Sierra Nevada, but I retired last year, so we hiked through Spain for a couple of months. I highly recommend ☺
  • celiah909
    celiah909 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Looovve hiking! It’s one of my favorite things to do on a weekend. Something about being out in the fresh air is good for my soul. Part of why I want to get into better shape is so my hikes improve.

I’m in Colorado, so I never have to look far for a trail
  • olive1968
    olive1968 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I love it as well and want to work up to some more challenging trails. I live in the eastern Sierras and the options are plentiful. I have a great trail out my back door that I use frequently.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Barfly57 wrote: »
    . . . we hiked through Spain for a couple of months. I highly recommend ☺

While I am not religious, walking the 500 miles of The Camino de Santiago in northern Spain is still on my "bucket list.
  • Barfly57
    Barfly57 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    sgt1372 wrote: »
    Barfly57 wrote: »
    . . . we hiked through Spain for a couple of months. I highly recommend ☺

While I am not religious, walking the 500 miles of The Camino de Santiago in northern Spain is still on my "bucket list.

It's relatively easy and insanely inexpensive, (once you get over there). The biggest challenge is finding the time.
  • angel4732
    angel4732 Posts: 14,898 Member
    Options
    Wow a massive well done on your transformation. Great choice of workout ;) hiking is my fave
    What area are you hiking in?