Woo

Options
sytchequeen
sytchequeen Posts: 526 Member
Genuine question here.

When someone marks a comment with the WOO option, is this a good thing or a bad thing?

As far as I know WOO is like a sort of cheer or something when you think something is great.
But I've seen a few posts talking about things being WOO as in rubbish.

So, when someone thinks a post is WOO is that good or bad?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    both/either according to MFP
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Woo button is woo
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I use it in a positive way, like a strong agree or if someone makes a brazen comment that I like I "woo" it
  • MrSith
    MrSith Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    woo
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    OK. Take a look at posts with alot of "woo" clicks. Sometimes they are debating woo with the vets and the newbees get alot of "woo"s. What do you think that means?
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Woo was suggested as a basically your post is bs. Without derailing thread. Mfp ruined woo by trying to say it could be either.
    Awesome like ECT are all positive without question use those for positive.
  • snowflake954
    Options
    amtyrell wrote: »
    Woo was suggested as a basically your post is bs. Without derailing thread. Mfp ruined woo by trying to say it could be either.
    Awesome like ECT are all positive without question use those for positive.

This, but it's to be ambiguous on purpose---to not hurt feelings.
  • snowflake954
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    OK. Take a look at posts with alot of "woo" clicks. Sometimes they are debating woo with the vets and the newbees get alot of "woo"s. What do you think that means?

The vets. Woo. Love those war metaphors.

Yep--I'd call it a war against disinformation. And by the way the knowlegeable (vets) are losing the fight.
  • sytchequeen
    sytchequeen Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    So. Basically this is now an open apology to all those posters who thought I said they were talking ballcocks, but I was actually saying "nice one!•

• snowflake954
    Options

The vets. Woo. Love those war metaphors.

Yep--I'd call it a war against disinformation. And by the way the knowlegeable (vets) are losing the fight.

Oh my. They must be really upset about that.

Oh yes, and there are even people that are happy about it.
  • snowflake954
    Options
    Just_J_Now wrote: »
    I'm gonna believe it's positive since I have over 300. So whoever "woo'd" me negatively...eff you, that's what the flags are for. B)

Actually no, you can't flag because you diagree with or don't like someone. If you do that--you'll be in trouble.
  • snowflake954
    Options
    I'm gonna believe it's positive since I have over 300. So whoever "woo'd" me negatively...eff you, that's what the flags are for. B)

Actually no, you can't flag because you diagree with or don't like someone. If you do that--you'll be in trouble.

That's not true. People flag the dumbest *kitten* simply because they're sensitive and don't like someone or something they said. Also, mods pick favorites. I'm convinced of that.

In fact, I'm ready for the flags on this post because I know they're coming.

But..but...rules.
  • TH2017
    TH2017 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Genuine question here.

When someone marks a comment with the WOO option, is this a good thing or a bad thing?

As far as I know WOO is like a sort of cheer or something when you think something is great.
    But I've seen a few posts talking about things being WOO as in rubbish.

So, when someone thinks a post is WOO is that good or bad?

I had this question myself and was getting ready to ask it. Good thing I searched it first. :D