Keto diet

Hi everyone my name is mike I'm starting the keto diet today October 20 for the second time. the first time I had awesome results. I lost 44 pounds in 3 months doing the keto lifestyle . I stoped in May of this year now I'm at it again this time I know I have to make this change for good .my body is just not made for consuming carbs and sugar . I know this diet I know how it affects my body and it is a easy and effective way to lose weight . I lost all of that weight without starving myself and never did one lick of exercise . This time I have planed a exercise routine along with my meal plan to optimize my results to be even better then before .this is a lifestyle change not just a diet . Let the journey begin I'm in this are you!? Let's do this!

Replies

• gordonfroese
    gordonfroese Posts: 12 Member
    Hey Mike. I am with you! I have 35 pounds to lose and this looks like the way to go. The idea of consuming so much fat is hard to get my head around, but a lot of what I am reading (including an article from Jillian Michaels) http://getfit.jillianmichaels.com/ketosis-diet-bad-arteries-1676.html is convincing me that my arteries will not get clogged if I follow the plan. Good luck with the next journey. Gord
  • ri30
    ri30 Posts: 5 Member
    I recently started Keto and intermittent fasting. With intermittent fasting I am doing 16:8 which is easy for me however the 20grams of carbs is tough. So I am looking for support and accountability.
    Good luck on your journey and let stay motivated!
  • Heather_J_May
    Heather_J_May Posts: 72 Member
    Hi. I started eating low- carb a few days ago as I've been diagnosed as being pre-diabetic. Very new to this woe but happy to embrace it! All the best to you all.
  • chris_elizabeth
    chris_elizabeth Posts: 49 Member
    I am considering going to a KETO diet. I have some understanding of it and have been searching for meal ideas online! I may just be in this with your guys! I agree with @gordonfroese the idea of that much fat and low carbs terrifies me but I need to shock my body and try something new! I am down around 40 lbs already, and have about 40-50 to go!!
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    I am more low carb/high fat.
    I do watch my calories a bit but the carbs matter more to me.
    I lost over 100 lbs, and now I am back at it with only 80 lbs lost.
    Feel free to add me!
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    I am finding that intermittent fasting really helps. I have more to lose than I have the courage to look at so I've broken it up into 5kg increments.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Hello and welcome. I suggest you check out the main low carber daily forum group here in MFP. It's one of several groups where most of us Ketophiles tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • abhiroycool
    abhiroycool Posts: 1 Member
    In india it's difficult to do keto as sausages and salami are processed containing many carbs... have to eat whilwhole e chicken n fish
  • OceanAzure
    OceanAzure Posts: 3 Member
    how does one start on a keto diet?
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    OceanAzure wrote: »
    how does one start on a keto diet?

You would basically reduce your carbs, eat a good amount of healthy fat and a moderate amount of protein. If you are trying to follow a Keto Way of Eating (WOE) then you would eliminate or greatly reduce things like sugar, grains (wheat, corn, oats, rice flours make from any grains), bread, chips, tortillas, pasta, starchy vegetables (like potatoes, sweet potatoes, peas, etc.) There is quite a range of how people can tweak this WOE to suit their needs depending on what works for them. Some find it too restrictive or consider it unsustainable while other thrive and do just fine on it. As I'm sure you know, there is no one size fits all with respect to diet and nutrition. Ultimately, at the end of the day, you've got to find something that works for you and fits your life / wallet / time schedule.

Here's a link to a website with good, basic information about Low-carb and Keto stuff if you are interested:

https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb
  • kimberlybuckley66
    kimberlybuckley66 Posts: 1 Member
    I’m just getting started with Keto. I’m over 50 and post menopausal. I am very active. My biggest hurdle is knowing what foods are low-glycemic index. I am pretty sure I am insulin resistant. Any advice?