MILK?

Options
zrjp9
zrjp9 Posts: 86 Member
What is the healthiest milk or milk substitute? I currently use silk original unsweetened almond milk, and every now and then fat free skim.

Replies

• zrjp9
    Options
    Anyone???
  • ritchiedrama
    ritchiedrama Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with normal milk? Or the Almond milk you currently use?
  • 311pilgrims
    Options
    I don't know the healthiest but I really like almond and coconut milk. I don't usually drink cow's milk, It grosses me out these days :/.
    I have bought this awesome almond milk from whole foods by so delicious brand. I'm not sure what they use (some sort of plant protein) to add extra protein to the milk since almond milk has very little protein.
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Skim or whole for me.
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    I personally love milk, but I as other substitutes I like using coconut milk (unsweetened) and goat's milk (so good.)
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Really depends on the person.... I am not a fan of almond or soy milk.. I like dairy milk and most of the time I drink 1% still get some good fats but few calories. I drink more chocolate milk than I do white milk though.... I think it comes right down to what your goals are and which you prefer..... Best of Luck
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Probably breast milk. Some cultures drink horse or camel milk. I think the more acceptable is cow, goat, or sheep here in the west.

Other's as it seems you prefer to drink the milk of nuts. I guess it just depends. Do a comparison of the milks I once posted a comparison, but I'm too lazy to find it.

Just depends on the nutrients you want to emphasize or not emphasize.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    What is the healthiest milk or milk substitute? I currently use silk original unsweetened almond milk, and every now and then fat free skim.

i love the 30 calorie silk almond milk!!!
  • carlapendergrass
    carlapendergrass Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I drink skim milk. A lot. I've tried some of the substitutes, but I didn't like any of them. Who dat!
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    There are breast milk banks you can call to order natural human milk.

Remember, humans are not meant to drink cow's milk.

http://www.milkbanking.net/
  • yelliezx
    yelliezx Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I use unsweetened almond milk for my protein shakes and silk french vanilla in my coffee. I don't like to have regular dairy milk at home because I'll just drink it all. I love milk WAY too much! :)
  • zrjp9
    Options
    @carla "WHO DAT"
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    2%
  • zrjp9
    Options
    @fivethreeone I never knew that...
  • iecreamheadaches
    iecreamheadaches Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    If it came from a cow, generally I'll drink it. Anything from whole to skim (we usually buy 2% in the house, but I get skim or 1% every once in a while for myself). I just cant drink soy or almond milk, taste weird to me.
  • LiziAB
    LiziAB Posts: 55
    Options
    am lactose intolerant, but I really don`t like soy or almond milk, so it is Lactaid-fat free milk for me. I have 1-1 1/2 cups a day, with coffee, tea or cereal.
  • missveeoh
    missveeoh Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I love soy milk and if I dont have any then I just drink fat-free milk.

Soy milk- vanilla flavor....its really good with oatmeal.
  • LeanAmbitions
    Options
    It depends on if you mean healthiest, least amount of fat, or least amount of calories. Calorie and fat wise, rice milk, coconut milk, and almond milk are low as are skim, 1%, and 2% of regular milk. The healthiest is rice milk, coconut milk, almond milk, and whole milk.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    Milk as in, to drink, it's 2% organic goats milk. Other products like cheese, butter and yogurt is always the full fat monty.
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Remember, there is no protien, carbs, fat in milk substitute. Might as well be drinking water.