Lost pounds but don't look like I have.

Options
2»

Replies

• Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I still look huge no matter what I lose. Even at my goal weight I know I'll be gigantic. So I'm focusing on health rather than looks.

My dr. told me to eat avacados AND banana's which I have been doing and of course the weight is falling off but not the pooching stomach. Another dr. said it was some kind of hernia, have my guts fallen out of their lining? I love avacados with lemon. Something about an anti something that eats away fat in them. All this scientific stuff is confusing as hell, but, I guess it gets the job done.

Diet and calories is not the problem. I been putting down just about anything I want to eat. The weight is coming off just not in the stomach area. Looks as I said; like a watermelon on a bean poll. :) I can put my hands in a circle around my thigh touching my fingers from each hand around them; thas how skinny I am.

It is the muscles that hold them in. That's what creates the ridge I mentioned above. I'd be interested to know if you tried what I described in the post above your last one.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Unless you're at your goal weight and low body fat, your belly will stick out. But if you've lost 50 pounds, there are definitely visible changes in your body. I hope you have some progress pics. The problem is that our minds do not make accurate perceptions of our body and we can't rely on memory to decide if there are changes.
  • lady_bug_jd
    lady_bug_jd Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Have you taken any measurements during your weight loss? I bet you have lost inches around your waist but because it's the last area you still need to lose it might not be as visibly noticeable. I recommend measuring every month so you can tell if you're making progress in that area. Congratulations on your weight loss so far!
  • joeherbert48
    joeherbert48 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Oh yah the waste line has gone down dramatically at least 2 sizes...but, it's the part above the waste that's still fat. Like a balloon and it's almost the size it was when I started dieting but, it has come down some because I have ugly hanging skin now there but it's still rather big.

I can't keep my pants up now without tightning my belt all the way to the last slot. I've definitely lost the weight just not in the right spot. May never get this off as with only 10lbs to go it's still gonna be there when I hit that mark. If the lining of my guts has fallen out then I guess I'll need an operation to get my stuff back where it belongs. To think I been feeling my intestines instead of my fat is iky to say the least. :)