Fitbit extra calories

Options
maura_tasi
maura_tasi Posts: 196 Member
edited October 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
I know this has been asked before and I did look at those threads but I'm still a bit confused. Are Fitbit extra calories pretty accurate? I've walked around 7,500 steps today so far and I've gotten 75 extra calories back. I average from 4,000-13,000 steps a day depending if I work (walk more on work days- 3 days a week) or if I'm off those days (less walking). Due to this inconsistency of actively level I have myself set at not very active on MFP. I'm eating about 1300 calories a day. I'm 5'5 and currently weigh 146.6lbs. I guess I'm wondering if I should up my activity to lightly active and if the extra Fitbit calories are accurate.

Replies

• Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Keep your activity level where it is as some days you are not walking enough to be lightly active. If your fitbit is synced most find that the calories given are pretty accurate. If you moniter your weight on a trending app like Happy Scale or Libra you can determine over 3 to 4 weeks on how accurate the calorie burn is by how much weight you are losing. If you are cautious just start by eating 3/4's back and up after a month if you are losing quicker than expected.
  • maura_tasi
    maura_tasi Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I use happy scale for my weight trend so I'll keep a better eye out on the trend. As of now I'm thinking the calories I've been given back are accurate and within a reasonable range but I'm still not 100% sure . That's a good idea to only eat back 3/4 and see what happens.