When your motivation dwindles...

Options
What do you do to help yourself? :( I’m at a plateau and my motivation just turned off one day..I got behind in school and showed up late to work and stop counting/caring about calories. I’ve lost 25 so far but now I don’t know how to get myself out of this funk. I have a lot of home issues going on so I know it might be tied to emotion.. anyone gone through something similar? How did you get out of the hole?

Replies

• MinuitMinuet
    MinuitMinuet Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Everyone finds it in different ways. When I'm having a bad day..or week.. I have to remind myself that if I quit I definitely won't lose the weight, but if I keep treading the waters, eventually my foot will hit sand. A scale plateau isn't the same as a fat loss plateau. I recently went through a two week plateau. Got up this morning to see I lost 4 pounds. The entire two weeks I was second guessing my decisions, rechecking my diary, stressing over why at 1200 and 1900 calories I wasn't loosing but at 1600 I seemed to lose at a steady rate..(wasn't but that's how it felt).. basically I was talking myself out of trying something extreme or giving up completely. I hate to waste hard work put in. You don't slave over a hot stove just to toss an entire gourmet meal into the trash because one side dish didn't turn out. You enjoy your victory you can see. The scale is the side dish. The fat loss is the meal. Keep working at it and it will budge.
  • gearhead426hemi
    gearhead426hemi Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Try to change things up to keep it fun. Try adventuring outdoors for your workouts. Mountain biking, hiking, kayaking or just something new. It will not only keep working out fun but changing up your routine will shock you body and cause new muscle growth. Just know that we are all human and have times when we struggle so if you fall off the wagon just know that tomorrow is a new day and get back at it!
  • anniee1
    anniee1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Take some time for yourself. Relax, have a bath, meditate, read, buy a fancy body lotion or face mask. Listen to your body and mind and look after yourself, mentally and physically. It’s not just about losing weight, it’s about learning to love yourself and praise yourself for all your hard work. Also try some new recipes, buy some new work out clothes or try a new gym class to get you excited about losing more. Losing 25lbs is amazing, so make sure you look back at how far you’ve come. Keep going, but make sure you take time and space for you :)