Kale yoghurt

On my trip to the store (Sainsburys UK) today I was intrigued by a “lime, kale and mango” yoghurt for sale. High protein (20g) quark rather than dairy.

Has anyone tried it? I like their blueberry, strawberry, raspberry and papaya versions but wasn’t sure about kale. Seems a bit hipster...

Replies

• GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    That sounds vile. And I like kale.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    Well that sounds horrible - maybe if you put it in a smoothie - I have had those ingredients mixed in a smoothie and it wasn't horrific but just to eat it? I'm not even willing to try.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,071 Member
    I don't understand -- first you say it's yogurt, then you say it's quark "rather than dairy," but quark is dairy.

In any case, I doubt I'd try it, as I prefer my yogurt and quark plain. If I want to add something, I can add something. It's much more versatile than buying preflavored stuff.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Sounds horrible...I do not like kale...ugh!
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
    I don't understand -- first you say it's yogurt, then you say it's quark "rather than dairy," but quark is dairy.

In any case, I doubt I'd try it, as I prefer my yogurt and quark plain. If I want to add something, I can add something. It's much more versatile than buying preflavored stuff.

I had no idea that quark was dairy - thanks!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Sounds gross.

I don't buy flavoured yoghurt, and if I did, that wouldn't be it.
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    I feel like I might just have to try it. Just to see.

I play “crouching tiger, hidden spinach” with my protein smoothies and they don’t taste gross. Maybe it’s the same with this?
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    Just trying it. It’s actually not bad - very limey with no hint of kale. Would definitely nom again.
  • miratps
    miratps Posts: 141 Member
    Arla? If so, I actually like all their flavours of the protein yogurt
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    miratps wrote: »
    Arla? If so, I actually like all their flavours of the protein yogurt

That’s the one! It was yummy.