For British Ice Cream Lovers

Options
Graelwyn75
Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
I noticed, on googling to find out if they sell the infamous USA branded Halotop ice cream here in the Uk, that we have our own low calorie ice cream available, albeit at rather a high cost (£4.99 a pint in Waitrose) . I am not a great ice cream eater but nevertheless, I went and bought 3 of the flavours to try at some point over the coming weeks. It seems to have had very good reviews so far and although a little higher in calories than Halotop, is still only around 350 for a full pint. Sharing the link for anyone interested.

https://www.oppoicecream.co.uk/

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Interesting, we go to Waitrose every so often. Thanks for the tip!
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Can confirm it's pretty darn good. I had a tub of the salted caramel last week. It's expensive so not something I can have often but as a treat it's pretty good.

I am also loving that Waitrose now have in store sushi bars, at least my one does now. Another reason why it's good I don't shop there often!
  • aemsley05
    aemsley05 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'd have to travel halfway across the country to my nearest Waitrose... :(

Another option (again, slightly higher in calories) is Perfect World dairy-free no added sugar ice cream (http://www.perfectworldicecream.co.uk/), which they stock in Tesco (in the free-from freezer section, NOT with the other ice creams). The caramel pecan (only one I've tried so far) comes out at 425kcal for the whole tub. It has a slightly grainy texture so you can tell it's not 'proper' ice cream, but it's pretty tasty and a good alternative for anyone who is nowhere near a Waitrose.

I'm heading over the the US in just under 2 weeks and cannot wait to finally get my hands on some Halo Top! :D
  • tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    The mint Oppo is surprisingly good as well. If you go to the Oppo web page they used to send you a £1 voucher to use if you have them your email details.
  • mlinci
    mlinci Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I love both the salted caramel and the chocolate Oppo flavours, and I've been eating them all summer. Vanilla is ok but nothing special in itself. Mint ice cream sounds disgusting to me (like eating toothpaste - why would anyone do that?) so I can't comment on that one.
  • acfisher88
    acfisher88 Posts: 58 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I love Oppo ice cream - the chocolate and hazelnut has become my favourite little treat! @aemsley05 they also sell it on Ocado and in Holland & Barrett stores if you don't live near a Waitrose.
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Certain co-op’s sell it as well.
    Have a look on the web site and it will
    Tell you your nearest stockist