Best route for weight loss

Options
Hi I’ve been a member of a slimming club for 6 months and during the last 8 weeks I’ve joined a local gym. I’ve lost 12” all over so far which is great, but my weight hasn’t moved apart from a few more pounds on.
I have 2 stone to lose. I know I’m getting fitter and my shape is changing but I can’t seem to lose weight.
Do I need to perhaps cut back on the exercise and focus on weight loss? I do 2-3 spins classes, bodypump, legs/bums/tums and boxercise every week plus I also try to have a 3 mile run.
Any advice is welcome as I’m struggling as I still feel really overweight.
Thanks

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Don't cut down on your exercise - do cut down on your food.
    It's your food intake (calories) that is going to have the greatest impact on your weight loss.
  • NicksWTB
    NicksWTB Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thank you this is really helpful. I’m going to set my calorie intake to 2000 and be really honest when completing my food diary! Let’s do this!!!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    NicksWTB wrote: »
    Thank you this is really helpful. I’m going to set my calorie intake to 2000 and be really honest when completing my food diary! Let’s do this!!!

What are your stats? I maintain on less than 2000 cals.
  • rbkeeping
    rbkeeping Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    There are many websites out there that allow you to calculate what your caloric intake should be for weight loss, as I'm sure you know. Watching the other elements of your nutrition (macros such as carbs, fats, proteins) is even more important. Find out what yours should be, put them in as goals in MFP, and then plan your meals to meet but not exceed these goals. I'm on a low carb diet, which recommends a specific ratio of each macro (and indirectly, calories), but different diets might recommend different ratios. This first thing I do every morning is open MFP, think about my day's eating, and make sure I'll stay within the limits set out in the MFP food diary. It gets easier all the time. I'm six weeks in and down about 18 pounds.
  • NicksWTB
    NicksWTB Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Can you recommend any websites so I can find out what’s best for me? Thanks
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options

Have you input your data in your mfp profile with a reasonable weekly weight loss goal and seen how many calories they reccomend a day?
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

The one we are on?

The major difference is that on here your goal excludes exercise so when you do it you log the exercise and get more calories that day. A variable daily allowance in line with your exercise. (A bit like when you drive your car further you put more fuel in that day).

Most other sites work by including an average exercise estimate and you get an average daily amount so your calorie goal is that same every day. (A bit like every day putting in the average amount of fuel your car needs over a period of time.)

They both work out the same over time if done properly so personal preference really.