Hard Boiled Eggs.

Options
pita7317
pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
How do you like to eat them besides just plain ?
So many versions of deviled eggs.
Looking for new suggestions. Thanks.

Replies

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Egg salad sandwich- eggs, mayo, salt pepper, chopped onion, paprika, mustard
    Added to other salads- lettuce salad, potato salad
    Deviled eggs- mayo, horseradish sauce, spicy brown mustard, salt, pepper, paprika
  • maryannprt
    maryannprt Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Love eggs pickled with beets.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,798 Member
    Options
    this may sound totally gross, but its actually really good..i dip mine in cinnamon sugar
  • ggeise14
    ggeise14 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Plain with a bit of salt.
    Mixed with a diced avacado.
    Cut up and mixed with a bit of cottage cheese and salsa.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Are you interested in non-calorie additions to hard boiled eggs or uses of hard boiled eggs in tasty recipes?

• dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    leomom72 wrote: »
    this may sound totally gross, but its actually really good..i dip mine in cinnamon sugar

• pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas. Just looking for anything to make using them besides just plain.
    Hmmm. Cinnamon sugar ? Not so sure about that. Lol.
  • gentlygently
    gentlygently Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Egg curry....(lentils, root veg, curry paste, ginger and hard boiled eggs...)
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options
    My mother would slice them on top of little dishes of cooked frozen spinach when we were kids to get us to eat our spinach.

She also would occasionally put 2 or 3 hard-boiled eggs inside a meat loaf (with the long axis of the eggs parallel to the long axis of the meat loaf), so that most slices of the meat loaf would get a slice of hard-boiled egg.

I wasn't super crazy about either dish, but tastes vary.

I think sieved hard-boiled egg is often used as a topping for cooked vegetables, particularly asparagus, and when serving caviar.

Personally, I mostly just eat them with salt, deviled, or in egg salad.
  • jbbjbb2017
    jbbjbb2017 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    This is a slight aside but I recently discovered that my Instant Pot makes perfect hard boiled eggs in about 6 minutes -- plus cool down time. No pots boiling over so can walk away. I never liked making hard boiled eggs before but now I cook them by the dozen. I mostly just like them with salt & pepper.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    jbbjbb2017 wrote: »
    This is a slight aside but I recently discovered that my Instant Pot makes perfect hard boiled eggs in about 6 minutes -- plus cool down time. No pots boiling over so can walk away. I never liked making hard boiled eggs before but now I cook them by the dozen. I mostly just like them with salt & pepper.

When I'm too busy to watch eggs I just submerge them in boiling hot water (about a liter per egg), covered, and come back to them an hour later. No cooking necessary and no chance of overcooking the yolk.

Edited: quoted the wrong post
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Two hard boiled eggs every day at work at around 1100 hrs. Great boost.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Devilled Egg Pasta is my fave way to eat them recently.
  • stepea83
    stepea83 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    simply add butter and salt! awesome!
  • iamthemotherofdogs
    iamthemotherofdogs Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I love mine with curry powder. I also like to slice them and drizzle banana pepper vinegar over them. Tastes like low-calorie egg salad.

Something else, I mash them up with an avocado and mild banana pepper rings and put it on whole wheat toast. Bam, delicious egg salad with clean foods.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    try making an egg salad with mashed avocado and spread it on a piece of toast. Yummy!
  • Shawn_Grimsley
    Shawn_Grimsley Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I cut mine in half, put a bunch of cracked black pepper on top, and if I am craving some more flavor, a bit of yellow mustard. It kinda tastes like egg salad, but without the extra calories from the mayo
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    Egg salad doesn't get enough credit for being awesome.