Now over one year...

Hello just want to post an update now that first year of new weight is past. On 5th Sept. '16 I recorded my new weight of 170lbs. (12 stones 2lbs). I'm glad to report that it has remained that way ever since. Altogether I lost 57lbs. I lost about 1 stone then got stuck there for a year or so, then took the bull by the horns and lost another 3.25 stone over 6 months to reach 170lbs.
I owe many thanks to myfitnesspal. I still use it every day to record my daily intake of food.
I did take out a premium subscription.
My new weight has eased my back pain for which I had 3 surgeries for disc removal along with very many other treatments. I keep as mobile as possible.
I hope this posting can motivate others who are maybe finding it difficult reducing.
Thanks for looking.

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,463 Member
    Congrats! I just passed a year too. It's a great milestone.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Congratulations on completing the first of many years in maintenance.

Cheers, h.

You too @lorrpb
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Thanks for posting... am in a bit of a slump currently. Have to grab the bull!
  • SeikoMonster
    SeikoMonster Posts: 105 Member
    Congratulations!
    How long do you continue to log food? Or are you still doing so?
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Awesome! It's a good feeling, isn't it?
  • JustRobby1
    JustRobby1 Posts: 674 Member
    Wonderful, congrats are most certainly in order.
  • jkm49
    jkm49 Posts: 27 Member
    Awesome! It's a good feeling, isn't it?

Absolutely fantastic! Especially when buying clothes. Down to 33/34in waist from size 40in.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Awesome job! #1 weigh regularly!! Nice that you have the extra incentive of reduced back pain
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Good job!
  • jkm49
    Thanks to Need2Exerc1se, JustRobby1,nowine4me and BigGuy47 and everyone for showing interest.
    Don't think I have forgotten anyone. :)
  • Stationagentjules
    Stationagentjules Posts: 57 Member
    jkm49, congratulations on your healthy year anniversary. May I ask, are there particular things you did differently this time as apposed to previous weight loss and regain that has helped you maintain your loss this time?

I am currently losing weight and looking ahead to maintenance. I'm very concerned about being able to sustain my loss long term.

Great job on your accomplishment.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 5,075 Member
    Congrats! I am in the same boat - losing weight over the years successfully over and over again only to regain. I have finally figured out I need to hang out in this forum and my goal needs to be maintaining for a year right now. Like you I think I will need to log probably the rest of my life. I have a pretty good idea and am getting a sixth sense about the value of certain foods but logging keeps me honest.
  • JustRobby1
    JustRobby1 Posts: 674 Member
    Fantastic work!
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Excellent @jkm49! I kept logging for maybe a year and a half after hitting maintenance. It's been about five months since I stopped logging (well, I still log in my head!) and my weight is holding steady. Best wishes to you
  • jkm49
    edited November 2017
    Thanks also to Stationagentjules, SummerSkier, mk2fit and again to JustRobby1.

Stationagent, when I previously lost weight there wasn't myfitnesspal to help, in fact earler loses were before internet time. I have to give a lot of credit to this website for my success. My secret would be logging everyday, I know it's not for everyone but works very well for me. An odd evening I find I would have maybe 200 cals. left so I have an extra snack to use all up. One of the benefits of logging!
  • jkm49
    SummerSkier I agree with all your points. As you mention one does get familiar with the calorie content of foods and logging means no unexpected increases in weight. Keep on logging. :)