Stronglifts 5x5 success (ongoing)

Options
cgvet37
cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
edited October 2017 in Success Stories
Last week was my tenth week doing Stronglifts. I have gained six pounds, and my body fat has decreased 1.2%. My squat has doubled, 145 to 305 lbs. I'm near doubling my deadlift as well. Something I never thought imaginable since I have degenerative back disease. I let it hold me back for a long time. The fear of the unknown can hold you back, sometimes you have to take a leap of faith.

Replies

• voitdancer
    voitdancer Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Congrats, that's awesome! Good for you in pushing through that fear, it's not easy.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Really great story...another testament to heavy lifting...
  • Chanda2BFit
    Chanda2BFit Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Great job conquering your fear!
  • Strongerxthanxyesterday
    Options
    I’m on week 6 of stronglifts.
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, man! Keep on, keeping on!

What is your plan once you progress through the deloads (according to SL 5x5 documentation)? Have you considered MadCows?
  • Styggian
    Styggian Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Great job
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, man! Keep on, keeping on!

What is your plan once you progress through the deloads (according to SL 5x5 documentation)? Have you considered MadCows?

I have found another program that is split into a bench, squat, and deadlift day.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job! So glad to see you didn't let your perceived limitations hold you back.
  • gdarling345
    gdarling345 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Aewsome. I've just started it and looking forward to seeing the results
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!