Blood sugar type 2 diabetic

Options
I am happy to say I have not had to take any insulin injections for over 14 days. Still taking my Metformin twice daily. I check my blood sugar 4 times a day and my meter gave me a 14 day average of 118. Done 57 pounds so far a total of near 100 since being on diagnosed with type 2 about 9 years ago.

Replies

• debbie7373
    debbie7373 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm sure you're feeling so much better. My husband is also a type 2 diabetic. He started a 30 day Ketogenic Cleanse with me a little over two weeks ago. His sugar has gone down drastically. Again congratulations, I'm so happy for you!!
  • jasummers76
    jasummers76 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    debbie7373 wrote: »
    Congratulations! I'm sure you're feeling so much better. My husband is also a type 2 diabetic. He started a 30 day Ketogenic Cleanse with me a little over two weeks ago. His sugar has gone down drastically. Again congratulations, I'm so happy for you!!

Thank you, I went many years ignoring my health issues. Since getting my sugar under control my energy level is up. My mental medications are actually working at far lower doses taking along with some of the side effects the had due to the dosage amounts.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Fantastic. That is great. :star:
  • hesterific
    hesterific Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am happy to say I have not had to take any insulin injections for over 14 days. Still taking my Metformin twice daily. I check my blood sugar 4 times a day and my meter gave me a 14 day average of 118. Done 57 pounds so far a total of near 100 since being on diagnosed with type 2 about 9 years ago.

Nice! Are you keto?
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Stellar job, OP!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success! :)
  • eddiemac617
    eddiemac617 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My blood sugar was 99 two hours after meal. I new to insulin so I’m unsure if this is alright
  • eddiemac617
    eddiemac617 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    90 after meal.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Why does this world have to have two types of measurement for everything?!?!

Normal is supposed to be between 4 and 7, and certainly no higher than 9 after a meal. I no longer get any 4s, always seems to be between 5.2 to 6.4, so assuming it's still near enough to normal. Doctor asked me to record test results for 4 months and return for assessment.