Some healthy foods?

Options
So as i am trying to change the way i'm dieting, i'm putting extra foods to eat.
So my question is, is having vegeterian noodles (the one you buy from Asian restaurants/food carts) healthy to eat maybe twice a week? And what about sushi?
I also eat topside lean steak (300 g).
Lots of skineless chicken breast (300-400 grams) a day.
Like (200-300) grams of white fillet fish.
So are those below healthy to eat every week?
Thanks

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Do you think they are healthy foods? Do they add macronutrients and micronutrients you're lacking? If you eat them, in those quantities, does it mean you're unable to meet other nutritional requirements? Do you like them? Do they make you feel good?
  • Tariq_1997
    Tariq_1997 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Do you think they are healthy foods? Do they add macronutrients and micronutrients you're lacking? If you eat them, in those quantities, does it mean you're unable to meet other nutritional requirements? Do you like them? Do they make you feel good?

In my opinion (i dunno if i'm right or wrong) the noodles isn't that healthy cz it's cooked with oil. But all the other are healthy cz they are high in protein.
    Tbh i dunno what's macronutrition and micronutrition :-/ .
    I like them yes and i feep full when i eat them that's why i chose them but i dunno if they're alright in someone else's opinion.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Tariq_1997 wrote: »

In my opinion (i dunno if i'm right or wrong) the noodles isn't that healthy cz it's cooked with oil. But all the other are healthy cz they are high in protein.
    Tbh i dunno what's macronutrition and micronutrition :-/ .
    I like them yes and i feep full when i eat them that's why i chose them but i dunno if they're alright in someone else's opinion.

Why is oil unhealthy? You have been told many times in your other threads that you need body and dietary fat. I'm guessing vegetarian noodles contains noodles (healthy), vegetables (healthy), perhaps some egg or tofu? Cooked in oil? Sure they might use more oil than you would at home, but you just need to factor that in to you day. Eat less fat in other meals. Don't see one meal or food as healthy or unhealthy when considering the healthiness of your diet. Look at your diet as a whole. There is more to health than just what you put in your mouth.

There is more to a healthy diet than a whole lot of protein. You also need fat, and carbs (which provide healthy fibre and energy, as well as lots of micronutrients). Eat balanced meals that provide you with enough protein and fats, and fill in the rest of your calories with carbs or more of the above.
    I personally plan my meals during the week, with 2 based around protein, healthy fat and loads of vegetables. These keep me satisfied. I also like dessert, this usually includes dairy, fruit and nuts. PreWO I have something carb based - at the moment it's cheese on toast with some fruit and chocolate spread on the side. I've also increased calories recently so added rice to my dinner.
    Weekends are more flexible, and include more "fun food". Yesterday included pancakes, steak burger with chips, icecream and choc/sweets

Sure, some of my food isn't "healthy", but I eat a lot of variety, feel satisfied and satiated, stick to my goals, don't have negative food associations or feel guilty for eating food I enjoy.
  • cryonic_273
    cryonic_273 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    High protein low fat diary - Fage, fat free cottage cheese, Fat free fromage feis, Skyr, Quark are all good Fillers to pad out the protein in a diet. I have one of them every day.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    So as i am trying to change the way i'm dieting, i'm putting extra foods to eat.
    So my question is, is having vegeterian noodles (the one you buy from Asian restaurants/food carts) healthy to eat maybe twice a week? And what about sushi?
    Thanks

some fruit and veg would probably help...
  • dwilliamca
    dwilliamca Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I believe what I was taught in 4th grade. Choose a variety of foods from the 5 food groups (meats/protein, grains, vegetables, fruits, dairy) and you are going to eat a healthy diet. To me healthy foods are for the most part found in the produce, meat, dairy, and pasta sections of the store. A steak (or chicken/fish), potato or grain, vegetable, & butter/sour cream/cheese is healthy (4 groups), a taco is healthy (4 groups), a hamburger w/ the works is healthy (4 groups). Throw in some fruit and nuts during the day and you have it made. Only thing to watch is the quantities to make sure the calories stay within your magic number.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    If you could tell us why you find ideas like "balance and variety" and "an overall nutritious diet" hard to grasp, and your body's and tastebuds' ability to choose appropriate nutrition hard to trust, maybe we can help you better. Also, google "orthorexia". "Extremely healthy" is not a thing, healthy is - yes: balance and variety.
  • Tariq_1997
    Tariq_1997 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Thanks

some fruit and veg would probably help...

Of course i eat veggies and fruits bs i just showed the main foods.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Here is a list of healthy foods:
    - Fruits and vegetables, including leafy greens like spinach and root vegetables like potatoes
    - Meats and fish
    - Healthy fats like olive oil and avocado (you need fat to absorb and store some nutrients and keep hormones balanced, so don't be afraid of oil)
    - Pulses and legumes like lentils and beans
    - Grains like wheat, barley, oats, and rice
    - Dairy like milk and yogurt
    - Nuts and seeds like almonds and sunflower seeds
    - Things you like that don't fit neatly into the categories above but would help you develop a healthy and balanced relationship with food and support a sustainable diet, like cookies and ice cream or whatever else you like

Pick a variety of foods from the list above according to your preferences and what you find filling and enjoyable, arrange it to fit into your calories, and your diet will be healthy.

By the definition above, sushi and noodles fit into a healthy diet.