type two diabetes

Options
need support and motivation. Please add me. Especially if you are diabetic as well.

Replies

• kaye4health
    kaye4health Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Sent you friend request. I am type 2 too. I have an open food diary to all if you want to take a peek
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am insulin resistant so I'm changing my lifestyle
  • rdmyers62
    rdmyers62 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am still a Type II. Started with an A1C above 10. Started using this, Garmin Fitbit and whole plant based foods. "Gave away" 70 pounds, my A1C is 5.6 (normal is 5.6 to 4.8). You can do it.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I am a type 2 in remission from significant weight loss. I'm not adding new friends but I'll answer any questions you have here.

Learning to visualize my plate and serve myself a balanced meal was the most important first lesson I got.

http://www.diabetes.org/food-and-fitness/food/planning-meals/create-your-plate/

As far as chronic conditions go, diabetes is not so bad. You have all the tools at your disposal to moderate the effects and slow down this disease. For instance, after fifteen years diagnosed T2 diabetic, I did not experience any macular degeneration in my eyes.

Retina.png

My optometrist told me that another patient of hers denied the diagnosis and came back to her office a year later much chastened. He'd lost a couple toes in the meantime, by ignoring the disease.