MFP berry peanut smoothie

Options
Just made the My Fitness Pal berry peanut smoothie that was posted a couple of days ago and it’s mega yummy. Just a bit concerned the calories may be wrong. It’s listed as 156 calories but this smoothie includes 2 tablespoons of smooth natural peanut butter as well as the fruit and honey . Can that calorie content be correct ?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Just made the My Fitness Pal berry peanut smoothie that was posted a couple of days ago and it’s mega yummy. Just a bit concerned the calories may be wrong. It’s listed as 156 calories but this smoothie includes 2 tablespoons of smooth natural peanut butter as well as the fruit and honey . Can that calorie content be correct ?

nope, as 30g of peanut butter is more than 156 cals alone.

put it in the recipe builder.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    It makes 2 x 156 calorie serves. Whole recipe = 312 calories.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    The peanut butter I have is 90 calories per tablespoon, so that alone is more than the stated calorie count. My guess would be that those calories are for a portion of the total amount made.
  • TavistockToad
    Options

A spoon measure is usually flat as well...

not in my house :laugh:
  • Alatariel75
    Options

Nope I don't think so. Maths is off somewhere

4i2p4mtuhmfu.png
  • Alatariel75
    Options

Nope I don't think so. Maths is off somewhere

4i2p4mtuhmfu.png

Wouldn't that just be flavoured ice.....

LOL, never said it would be nice ;) Here's the blog: http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/1-minute-berry-peanut-butter-smoothie-for-two/
  • TavistockToad
    Options

A spoon measure is usually flat as well...

not in my house :laugh:

I weigh now because flat spoons of pb make me sad.

i have always weighed it.. i never manage a spoonful that is less than 20g... which is why i try not to eat it often!
  • bossmanbing2102
    bossmanbing2102 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. It was wishful thinking. This promo was A bit misleading I think
  • bossmanbing2102
    bossmanbing2102 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Now I look again it does say share with a friend so it is 2 portions. Argh. It was yummy by the way. Bit thick so I added some cold water.
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    Yeah, the promo was a bit dodgy. The website version was clear that it was 2 serves, but the promo was certainly not.