What do you do when you feel like eating?

Options
13»

Replies

• CycleGuy9000
    CycleGuy9000 Posts: 290
    Options
    When I feel like eating my main tactics are to chew gum or go exercise but if I can't exercise or don't have gum then I will notice that I'm usually in front of the tv or computer and that has a lot to do with wanting to eat because your body is actually telling you it's bored so I shut it off and go do something like house chores or work on my bike, something physical even if it's not intense.
  • happpyhappyjoyjoy
    happpyhappyjoyjoy Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I eat sugar free jello with fat free cool whip. My recreational eating tends to be at night so I plan for it and I always put in the calories for my pm snack early in the day so I have the calories for it. Maybe I should tough it our since it IS emotional and recreational eating but this is what I do.
  • tiniboppa
    tiniboppa Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Such great advice!
    Does anyone have a hobby they like to participate in to keep themselves busy?
  • RosyBest
    RosyBest Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Even if you emotionally eat...change WHAT you eat. Slice up some fruit (when it's sliced it seems like more), eat peanuts, 100 calorie pack of something, popcorn, skinny cow ice cream sandwiches, etc. You can still snack, without overeating or going over your daily calories.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    If I am out of calories for the day, but still hungry, I ask myself if I'm truly hungry. If I am, I eat a bowl of a veggies with parmesan cheese. If I have enough calories and have gotten all of my required servings of veggies, protein, oil, etc, I indulge in something fun like ice cream.
  • RosyBest
    RosyBest Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Such great advice!
    Does anyone have a hobby they like to participate in to keep themselves busy?

Zumba!!! It's fun and it doesn't feel like a workout.
  • marysidneyherbert
    Options
    In the past I would have come up with all kinds of strategies to avoid eating. After a couple of weeks reading and learning from other people here on this site, I would say something completely different: I'd get some exercise and go ahead and eat. We're supposed to be eating all of our allotted calories. If I get some exercise, I "earn" some calories, and, in addition, the workout itself will make me feel better. I'm trying out the ideas that the knowledgeable people on this site have been recommending. If you haven't read the main posts that are up at the top of the list, then you should do that because they will explain the theory.
  • RNelson46
    Options
    I drink coffee. I was actually told that coffee usually makes people hungry but for me it's the opposite. :drinker:
  • missveeoh
    missveeoh Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    If I crave- I eat.

But if Im bored and just want to eat for the fun of it- I go to the gym.

If Im hungry, I eat!!!!

Lol

But pretty much just eat and snack on fruits.