Diet help

Options
2»

Replies

• Jmgris1
    Jmgris1 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    OP, they are all correct... Set your data on MFP and let it calculate for you. Then just stick with it. I started at 327 pounds, went with the data MFP provided and did not adjust until at least 6 months in. I am currently at 200 pounds and have maintained that for about 5 months.
  • Aint2Proud2Meg
    Aint2Proud2Meg Posts: 193 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I'm with the folks that would be really hungry after just having some cereal. I'm not a brekky eater but if I did have that, I would also be hungry right after. I find eggs or oatmeal to be more filling and therefore more worth the calories I have to budget. You'll quickly start to learn what makes you feel fuller longer and what doesn't.
    Also, just get on Google or Pinterest or whatever, and start looking up recipes with terms like "low-cal+filling" or "copycat" or whatever else floats your boat.
    Then you can go to the recipes tab and add each recipe by copy and pasting the link at the top, and mfp will walk you through the rest and save the recipe for your future use. It's the feature I most attribute to making mfp convenient enough that I don't have an excuse not to use it every time I eat/drink.
  • str82nichelle
    str82nichelle Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Cheerios are good, but not filling. I eat 1/3 c of Kelloggs All bran buds with 1/2 c Silk Unsweetened Vanilla Almond milk paired with a banana most mornings around 9:30 before water aerobics and it holds me until around noon. Those little buds pack 13 grams of fiber and 3 grams of protein. I laughed at the 1/3 cup serving size and quickly realized why after I ate them.
  • duebedm
    duebedm Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Here's a question I haven't seen asked, how involved are you going to be in your food preparation? I only ask because you can always get convenience meals, but the sodium level is high, etc. If you want to spend some time cooking and playing with your food, I am in love with www.skinnytaste.com. She has some delicious recipes and they are indexed to help you.
  • SoozeE512
    SoozeE512 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    It seems like you're already on the right track wanting to lose weight and exercise. Those will both help with lowering your triglycerides.

Some additional ways to lower triglycerides:

--increase your fiber (whole grains, fruits, veggies)

--increase your polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats (olive oil, nuts, etc.)

--increase omega 3 fatty acids (salmon, tuna, etc.)

--decrease your intake of saturated fats (red meat, full fat dairy, butter, etc.) and cut out trans fats (hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oils, fried foods, pastries, etc.)

--decrease intake of added sugars and fructose

--decrease intake of alcohol

• dbabii11
    dbabii11 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you all!! This was so helpful....today I went back to the calories per day that MFP provide me with and I feel so much better!! It takes a village
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Try replacing your cheerios with Oatmeal (made with milk). It's so much more filling for me.

And neither option do anything for my satiaty! Haha. Finding the right combos definitely takes time and patience (and perhaps a bit of hunger)

OP - id also suggest meals based more around protein and fats, as well as fibre. My first meal is eggs with green vegies - I have at least one whole egg, but to keep fats a bit lower whilst increasing protein, I add extra egg whites.