Still hungry - Talk me down!

Options
2»

Replies

• wackyfunster
    wackyfunster Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    If you're not hungry, you're probably not losing weight. Track your weight daily, and make sure your rate of weight loss isn't excessive (IMO 1-2 pounds/week for most people is a good goal). Make sure you are getting a healthy and balanced diet. If all of that is true, then it's ok to spend some time hungry. Hunger has been a part of the human condition for thousands of years. A life devoid of discomfort is probably devoid of anything real value, IMO.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    If you're not hungry, you're probably not losing weight. Track your weight daily, and make sure your rate of weight loss isn't excessive (IMO 1-2 pounds/week for most people is a good goal). Make sure you are getting a healthy and balanced diet. If all of that is true, then it's ok to spend some time hungry. Hunger has been a part of the human condition for thousands of years. A life devoid of discomfort is probably devoid of anything real value, IMO.

This literally does not have to be true.

OP is eating at a HUGE deficit, for someone who is at least 100 pounds overweight. Of COURSE OP is going to be hungry. I'm down over 40 pounds and have NOT been hungry. But I'm also maintaining a reasonable deficit that's yielding consistent and sustainable results.
  • rundgrenrocks
    rundgrenrocks Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I hope that helps. I'm constantly reminding myself that it's okay to be hungry sometimes. It makes the next meal more delicious!
  • aeloine
    Options
    dholt8461 wrote: »
    After some thought and reading everyone's suggestions. I decided to go back and allow MFP to tell me how many calories they suggest. It put me up to 1600 calories a day and I decided to use that as my max for a while and see if that helps while still making smart choices about how I use my calories. Thank you all for the input!

How's it going for you?
  • dholt8461
    dholt8461 Posts: 16 Member
    Options

How's it going for you?[/quote]

It’s been a good day. I feel like I’m over eating but until just now I was ontrack for my new goal but my daughter is a strong willed 4 year old and after fighting with her at bath time I had another great and went a little over. So far so good. Tomorrow I will be more careful.
  • aeloine
    Options
    dholt8461 wrote: »

How's it going for you?

It’s been a good day. I feel like I’m over eating but until just now I was ontrack for my new goal but my daughter is a strong willed 4 year old and after fighting with her at bath time I had another great and went a little over. So far so good. Tomorrow I will be more careful. [/quote]

Over the 1200 or the 1600?