Intro - Hello from Minnesota :)

Options
Hi all,

My name is Jodi and I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself - I'd like to try and be an active participant on these boards. About a year and a half ago, I started taking my son to a chiropractor with chronic constipation. We started working with their staff nutritionist and made some significant changes to our entire family's diet. Over the course of the following year, I lost just over 50 pounds. The last few months have been tough - home life is challenging, work is stressful, and I'm just not feeling my best physically and emotionally. I see the weight slowly starting to creep back on, and I'm scared. I'm scared of how quickly the weight can come back, I'm scared that people will be disappointed in me that I've gained back the weight (again), and I'm scared of becoming the person that I told myself I would never be again.

I'm hoping this can be a place where I can be open and candid about my struggles, and maybe even help others who are going through the same thing.

Thank you for reading this!

Replies

• ja20102004
    ja20102004 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Hi from Rochester Mn!
  • stuie1305
    stuie1305 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello Minnesota, I was just diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, and thought mabe we could encourage one another, I am still working on my intro but I look forward to getting to know you, I am in Colorado
  • burnfatty17
    burnfatty17 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hi I’m in Apple Valley looking for friends for support, motivation and maybe some challenges
  • MonaRaeHill
    MonaRaeHill Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm with you there. The minute I stop glaring at my diet with hyper-vigilance, I pack on the weight. Gah. I swear, I can pack on 5 pounds in a week, but it takes 3 weeks to get it off. This default value is not entirely our fault, from what I know about bio-physiology, we are designed like that, to conserve. Small comfort, I know. Anyhow, I am once again losing more then 50 pounds.......geez. Befriend me if you want. I'm pretty gregarious and engaging, or at least, I think I am. lol.