Anyone on here that actually does NOT have a Facebook account?

Replies

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Locked down and rarely ever post. Unfortunately, if I didn't have one I'd never know when anyone married, had a baby, or died. I ignore most of the mundane stuff they post about in between :tongue: Drama and pushing MLMs will get you deleted.
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    pinuplove wrote: »
    Locked down and rarely ever post. Unfortunately, if I didn't have one I'd never know when anyone married, had a baby, or died. I ignore most of the mundane stuff they post about in between :tongue: Drama and pushing MLMs will get you deleted.

Oh god yes. I know way too much about Nerium, Plexus, Isotonix, ItWorks, Rodan & Fields, etc. and so forth, if it's not the MLM friends pushing their stuff, it's the creepy ads from facebook for things I looked up on amazon the day before.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Never had one--and I'm still alive!
  • jeichelb83
    jeichelb83 Posts: 172 Member
    Never had one and never will. I just don't see the point.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    edited October 2017
    I have to be on social media for my 2nd career. It's a great tool for promotion, but over the past year it has become something else entirely. Too negative. Too much fighting. Too many people thinking their opinion is the only opinion. Slowly I've been "hiding" people and unfriending them. My goal is to get to just family members. I like that I can keep in touch with my cousins who live in a different city.

Instagram is much better. I love following the body builders on Instagram. Plus you see only what you want to see.

ETA: On another note I think it's extremely important that a parent be on social media so they know what each app is about. I made all of my kids friend me. If they found a new social app, I downloaded and learned all I could about it. In this day and age, I feel its imperative to know what the new "in" thing is that your kids could get into.
  • Memphis_Slims
    Memphis_Slims Posts: 1 Member
    I'm a facebook hater too! Used to have it but then I realised how unhappy it was making me, always comparing my life to my friends' lives. That was in 2011. I hear these days that FB is more of an advertising forum that nobody uses for anything other than trolling or posting pictures of their kids/cats. Bore off!

I am a fan of instagram though, as there is waaaay less advertising - and I like to follow nutrition bods and gym ladies that inspire me to eat better and love myself instead of hating myself! I have been using it for a while and it has really stuck with me, encouraged me and given me some get-up-and-go when I didn't have anyone around me to do that.

I live quite far away from my friends and family so having some inspiration from virtual people is sometimes required, lol!!!!! xxxx
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    I have Facebook, but deactivated a few years back, but then came back. Not sure why. People on Facebook mostly annoy me, probably because I know that some are trying to create the illusion of magical happiness but their 'real' lives aren't really that way. Not sure who they think they're fooling. Too many people also sell stuff and post about it 24/7. Also I don't care to see your kids artwork, your cuts and scabs, or read through all the drama you post. Also people who publicly announce that they're "cleaning out their friends list, post if you want to stay!" get deleted by me. Ha!
  • Johns_Dope_AF
    Johns_Dope_AF Posts: 460 Member
    me
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    I have Facebook and Instagram. All of my friends are actual friends and family, not random internet people. My friends and family are all spread out across the states and abroad, so we use FB and IG to share pictures of our kids and whatnot and just keep up to date with things we're doing.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    I have one but never go there. My IG posts feed it sometimes. I had someone mention they were messaging me on there and I went to check. Hadn't logged in that in years and had hundreds of messages! lol.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    JeepHair77 wrote: »
    Technically, I have a facebook account. But at this point, I've "hidden" just about everyone from my feed except for the UPS Dogs, Animals in Predicaments, and Dog Shaming. I've convinced myself that the outside world is rainbowpuppyland

How about The Dogist?
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    pinuplove wrote: »
    JeepHair77 wrote: »
    Technically, I have a facebook account. But at this point, I've "hidden" just about everyone from my feed except for the UPS Dogs, Animals in Predicaments, and Dog Shaming. I've convinced myself that the outside world is rainbowpuppyland

How about The Dogist?

Just added it! I also follow Vicktory for Cherry.
  • rugratz2015
    rugratz2015 Posts: 593 Member
    I have Facebook but rarely post to it. It has enabled me to meet old school and work friends (different countries) that I would never have been able to find, and we now meet in person. Groups can be really informative, it's up to you what you choose to use the app for.

I use what's app as free texts and calls between my family, so I can send one free text and my hubby, daughter and son can all see it and respond. I use the free calls to ring my family and friends overseas. It's also used for a walking group I'm involved in and a footie club that I used to be involved with.

I use Pinterest purely as an online storage file for things I'm interested in. I have one (ex workmate) follower, and that's it.

I have snapchat to keep in touch with my son before he got what's app, so I've only used it a couple of times.

I was on a parenting site, but my kids are older now so I don't use it.

I joined viber because that was the preferred method of communication for another group I was involved with, I then got rid of it.

These sites are only tools, whether you use them sensibly or live on them is your choice.

• Rottweiler17
    Rottweiler17 Posts: 116 Member
    I don’t do Facebook to much drama
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    My daughter set up FB for me when she left for college. Now that all my girls are grown up and moved away, it's how I know what's going on in their lives.
  • mandapanda4181
    mandapanda4181 Posts: 7 Member
    I'm 36 and I have never had the desire to have one. I heard from friends and some family a lot of drama can come along with it.
  • I have never had it.