Gained 18lbs on vacation! Help?

Options
2»

Replies

• lucerorojo
    lucerorojo Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    You can go back and change what you did. Take it as a lesson learned. Next time log (even if imprecise) on vacation.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    london1014 wrote: »
    Well we’d need to know your stats to calculate. Weight, height, calories you need to lose and maintain.

Or you could do the calculation yourself. Every 3500 calories over your maintenance equals (roughly) a 1lb.

My TDEE is 1450. My problem is that I didn't keep track at all. 3000 cal a day was just a really really rough estimate. My geuss is probably way off

Then you gained about .5 lb fat per day. My guess is about half fat and half water. Time to get back on your plan!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    OP, as has been said, just get back on track and move on.

Have you been eating low carb throughout your weight loss process? This is a question born out of my curiosity rather than anything else.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I just got back from twelve days on the the road, eating out the whole time, 12 pounds heavier. Since being home, I've lost 2 pounds a day whizzing out the water that made up most of those 12 pounds. I figure the last two were true gain but they'll come back off. It was rather fun losing 2 pounds a day for awhile but I knew it would come to an end. I didn't gain 12 pounds of fat in 12 days and I didn't lose 10 pounds of fat in 5. Don't let water weight drive you crazy.