Do you bring your food scale with you?

So not gonna lie, I’m pretty excited to have a good scale finally. I was planning on just packing it in my purse so I have it at work, does anyone else bring it with you?

I normally don’t gaf what others think but I had a moment of being concerned I’ll get weird looks fo having/using it- have you had people comment? How have you responded?

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    I take my meals with me - all the weighing is done at home.
    I took scales to a restaurant once. I was close to a comp and it was either take the scale or not eat.
  • Mithridites
    Mithridites Posts: 600 Member
    I would LOVE to take my food scale on the road! Not gonna lie though, I share your (slight) concern.
  • anewell28
    anewell28 Posts: 79 Member
    Who cares what people think, you are being mindful of what you are eating. If they judge, they judge but it'll be their loss when you look damn good because you've hit your goal.
  • celiah909
    celiah909 Posts: 141 Member
    anewell28 wrote: »
    Who cares what people think, you are being mindful of what you are eating. If they judge, they judge but it'll be their loss when you look damn good because you've hit your goal.

You’re very right. In the purse it goes!
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    i take the meal all ready to go- pre weighed at home. If you are going to do that, you may want to buy one to keep at work. I'd DEF forget it at one place or another!
  • jcstevens86
    jcstevens86 Posts: 3,338 Member
    I make most meals at home but i will take my scale and dare anyone to say something or look at me funny
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    I have a scale at home and a smaller one I keep in my desk at work. It's handy if I had to quick-pack my lunch and need to weigh something when I get to the office. Or, if I pack something like an apple, I can weigh the full apple, eat it, and then weigh what's left to get the actual calorie count. I typically only eat what I pack, but on the rare occasion I do get an extra snack during the day (popcorn, protein bar), it's nice to have the scale to weigh it.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,383 Member
    I am tempted to buy a food scale to keep at work. For now, I just have measuring cups and spoons for liquids (for adding almond milk to my tea, for example). And other things at my desk are just prepackaged, like packets of oatmeal or cheese strings. Otherwise I pack leftovers.
  • lalee115
    lalee115 Posts: 185 Member
    I have a scale at home and a smaller one I keep in my desk at work. It's handy if I had to quick-pack my lunch and need to weigh something when I get to the office. Or, if I pack something like an apple, I can weigh the full apple, eat it, and then weigh what's left to get the actual calorie count. I typically only eat what I pack, but on the rare occasion I do get an extra snack during the day (popcorn, protein bar), it's nice to have the scale to weigh it.

I'm gonna go ahead and make myself look like a real moron by saying "THANK YOU" because I have often wondered about the accuracy of my apple logging, and it never dawned on me to use this simple solution.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member

I have to admit it -- I have indeed used the scale in my lab to weigh the remaining chicken bones from a chicken thigh.

I also have a spare (company sent me a free replacement for one that died after I had already ordered a different scale) that I also keep at work near the kitchen (I use it if I assemble a salad). I usually bring containers of pre-weighed food though (with little weight tags taped to the top).
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,712 Member
    I've been known to take my scale with me to Whole Foods when eating from the hot/salad bar. Or asked someone behind the prepared foods area to weigh something for me. Not one person made a comment or cared.

If it helps keep you on track, go for it.
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    I have a postage meter at my desk, as I do all the mailing at work.. I've been known to use that while at work if I need to :) I do it secretly though, not that I truly care what people think.. I just don't want to explain myself.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,712 Member
    JennJ323 wrote: »
    I have a postage meter at my desk, as I do all the mailing at work.. I've been known to use that while at work if I need to :) I do it secretly though, not that I truly care what people think.. I just don't want to explain myself.

I've totally used our food scale! I've stopped eating out at Whole Foods but I still keep a portable scale in my drawer at work to weigh the chicken I bring for lunch (or whatever is laying around the office).
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    I bring mine back in forth, yes I meal plan but keep it handy in case I grab an unplanned snack. I'm thinking of getting one for the office.
  • soechsner09
    soechsner09 Posts: 119 Member
    I've actually been looking into those compact collapsible food scales that I can just fit in my bag and bring with me. I already have measuring spoons/cups at work and everyone knows I track my food, so no biggie. :) Even if they didn't, I'd still not worry about it.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    No, I prep my breakfast, lunch, and snacks at home and bring them to work.
  • missperfectpitch
    missperfectpitch Posts: 601 Member
    I have a mini scale that I keep at work as well as a scale that I use at home. I usually bring my lunch into work, but I use the recipe builder for that and weigh/portion out everything in advance. Having a scale at work is useful for things that you might not be able to weigh at home, such as yogurt, granola bars, and other snacks.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    I use my food scale at work a lot & at first I got weird looks & comments, but most people knew I was trying to lose weight again & didn't think anything of it.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    No, I prep my breakfast, lunch, and snacks at home and bring them to work.

If I still worked in an office, this is what I would do.

I bring my scale when I go to my mother's. I don't eat out very often so don't worry about it too much. Often, I eat half the entree and weigh the other half when I eat it at home, but more because I can than because I'm too worried about it.
  • lili200
    lili200 Posts: 200 Member
    You are amazing! Who care what other think! I was working with you I would admire your power will