Hi, I'm Rose

Options
Hi, my name is Rose, and I'm 29. I've been trying to lose weight for 6 years. I lose 5 pounds then always gain it back plus some. I don't have self control. I've been seeing a nutritionist and he teaches me what foods are good to eat, but not how to stop myself from eating too much. I think getting back on MFP (I've been here in the past) will keep me accountable. Add me if we have similar stats! I'm 5'2 and have almost 50 to lose! And I'm getting married in 6 months- I know this is not a quick fix, but maybe that will at least change my attitude towards food.

Replies

• notreallychris
    notreallychris Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Recommend reading the most helpful threads:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300331/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest

My tips would be:
    Get a food scale for accuracy.

Don't cut out anything you enjoy eating.

Weight loss is as simple as a calorie deficit. Find your number range and eat to it.

Good luck Rose!
  • rosewelcome
    rosewelcome Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I have a food scale, but I haven't been using it. Time to start again. Thank you for the advice.
  • rosewelcome
    rosewelcome Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I can't add friends, does anyone know how to add friends? When I click on someone's profile photo it only says "send message" or "ignore".
  • notreallychris
    notreallychris Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Try clicking the name again (at the top), and it should take you to their profile page, if you're on a PC.
  • __StrongerThanYesterday__
    Options
    I get married in 9 months and have a good 40 pounds to lose so can totally relate to the situation. Somehow it seems like I lose motivation after making progress so looking yo surround myself with motivational people :)
  • belalashraf
    belalashraf Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Food is probably not the problem. You said you don’t have self control. You’ve done it before. You have food scales but don’t use it. You mentioned being accountable. Rose it seems like you don’t REALLY want it that bad (at least not right now) and lack self respect.
    Don’t focus on loosing weight, focus on you. Get your head right. Start respecting your self. Start loving yourself. Start believing in yourself. When the time comes, you’ll lose weight.