No selfcontrol

I need to lose 30lbs and I physc myself up and I fail every time.. I’m so disgusted.. I’m addicted to sugar.. any ideas? I’m so tired of being tired and feeling like crud

Replies

• sgtx81
    sgtx81 Posts: 466 Member
    1 - stop telling yourself you're addicted to sugar. 2 - take a look at complications from unmanaged type 2 diabetes. You can lose your vision, your feet, your kidney function, which can lead to the need for a transplant, it can damage the nerves that control your heart and lead to a heart attack, it can damage the nerves that control your digestion and bowel function which can lead to incontinence, just to name a few. 3 - If 2 disturbs you at all use that to help you begin to filter sugar out of your life.
  • weisenbeckellie
    weisenbeckellie Posts: 6 Member
    What else are you eating through out the day? Don't let yourself get to the point of being so hungry you cave for something bad. Eat healthy snacks frequently to keep yourself satisfied. Keep a water bottle with you at all times. Water is key.

As a side note I highly suggest going somewhere with a body fat scanner. This will also show if you are loosing fat, muscle or water weight as you try to reach your weight loss goal.
  • cathy0917
    cathy0917 Posts: 3 Member
    Thank you
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Getting all wound up to lose weight means that your plan isn't sustainable, that's why you crash and feel so tired. Pick a more modest strategy that you don't need so much selfcontrol to stick to. It's not about how hard you can go, but how long. Sugar addiction isn't really a thing, sweet things taste good and we want it more when we demonize it, that's all.
  • meganpettigrew86
    meganpettigrew86 Posts: 349 Member
    I have been known to throw out certain foods or give them away rather than have them in the house. My trigger foods are chocolate and biscuits... or chocolate biscuits. If I buy or make some I try to give them away before it gets out of hand, or if all else fails throw them out better in the bin than on the waist.
    If you binge still track, sometimes it's not as bad as you thought.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,626 Member
    i dont keep foods that i am likely to binge on in the house.

i cant eat whats not here ....
  • hydechildcare
    hydechildcare Posts: 142 Member
    I also had a sugar problem. I got rid of all sugars for 1.5 months in my diet (no candy, cake, sugary drinks, no sugar in my coffee) When I wanted something sweet I would get a piece of fruit. I have brought them back slowly but I have noticed I don't crave them or want them as much. I use to eat 2 Hersey bars in one sitting 440 calories. Now I find myself eat in 1 bar over the course of a few days.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,383 Member
    edited October 2017
    Keep it simple: remind yourself that it's all about calories. You can continue eating exactly the way you're currently eating, just in smaller amounts. You don't even need to workout to lose weight.

Grab a digital food scale if you don't have one already. Accurately logging your intake will give you consistent results. If you input your stats into MFP, set your weight loss goal (1lbs per week is a good starting point) it will tell you how many calories you should eat.

Just think of it like putting yourself on a budget. You have x-amount of calories a day, how do you choose to spend them? Sure, you could spend them all on chocolate bars, but you'd find yourself feeling very hungry. You can budget one chocolate bar for the day, then just make sure to balance it out with some more filling foods like protein or veggies.

Good luck!
  • fighting2bfit89
    fighting2bfit89 Posts: 17 Member
    Hi Hon,

You might benefit from meal prepping. A lot of times when you're hungry you don't feel like prepping a salad or washing fruit..you just want a quick drive thru meal or junk food. It's really a mind over matter so I suggest buying the stuff to make a few different things you can just grab & heat. Try drinking more green tea, gum, & up your water intake.