Gym routine

Options
Today was my first day at the gym.... I’m looking for a good routine... Weight loss cardio muscle tone

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    For weight loss and looking more toned, focus on your diet - calorie deficit is the most important factor.

Exercise is great for health - Weight training will help you maintain your muscle in a deficit. For good programs, check out one of the stickied threads on lifting programs (in the gaining weight /bodybuilding section I think )
    Cardio will help increase fitness levels and create a bigger deficit...
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    dbabii11 wrote: »
    Today was my first day at the gym.... I’m looking for a good routine... Weight loss cardio muscle tone

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1
  • SchweddyGirl
    SchweddyGirl Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Take advantage of classes. Making friends at the gym will help contribute to your success by creating a social aspect to it.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Do a web search for beginner weight routines and pick one. If, after trying it, you don't care for it too much, try another until you find one to your liking. This and anyone of the cardio exercises/machines. Rowing, treadmill, elliptical, walking/running outside, swimming. Do what you like, or at worse, what you find least objectionable.
  • dbabii11
    dbabii11 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Hit the gym this morning going to join a Zumba class today after work and boyyy is that elliptical