Eating after seven??

Options
2»

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    it makes no difference in regards to weight.

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    shauna7531 wrote: »
    I have been told that you should not eat after seven. Does this really matter as long as you don't go over your assigned calories?? What is your experience with this?

Logically, why would it matter. If you need XXXX calories per day, then you need XXXX calories per day regardless of timing.

The whole don't eat after X time or don't eat carbs or whatever after Y time are just "rules" people use to control calories. For example, I don't usually have starches or grains with my dinner when I'm cutting weight...there's nothing special about it other than I'm not logging and use methods/rules like this to control my calories coming in.

I eat dinner most every night at around 8:30 PM...sometimes I'm not even through my front door at 7.
  • NadNight
    NadNight Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    The only thing I've found is that if I start eating after 9 at night I tend to over-eat and just hit the sweet stuff, so I usually have my dessert around 8 ish and don't eat after that unless I get back from a workout late and am very hungry
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Option A- 1,500 cals all at lunch time
    Option B- 1,500 cals all at 8 pm
    Option C- 500 cals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, adding to 1,500 cals.
    Option D- 600 cals for lunch, 700 cals for dinner, 200 cals for late evening snack adding to 1,500 cals.

Which will help you lose more weight? Depends, which are you more likely to stick to? If you have a set number of calories to play with, eat them when you want. I am not as hungry in the morning and like big, early dinners with 100-200 calories to snack on in the late evening. The only magic of "don't eat after X pm" rules is that a lot of people graze/snack/overeat in the evenings plopped in front of the tv.
  • katnadreau
    katnadreau Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Eating after 7 can be an issue if you have acid reflux. However, I often eat a little snack before crawling in bed at 9 pm and have lost weight just by making sure that snack doesn't wipe out my deficit.
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    It depends on when bedtime is. I work nights and usually don't get dinner until after midnight, but I also don't get to bed until after 3am. Just don't eat right before bed.