toughbrenda Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    ok?

My thoughts exactly...

Please share your experience wirh Intermittent fasting

• maggibailey
    maggibailey Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    It works for me in that I am not hungry in the morning and I like to eat at night. I still have to count my calories and stay in them or I’d gain weight. But I like to have a big dinner and I get more of that eating this way :)
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    JDUBCHICK wrote: »
    It works! When you break your fast break it with high fats and minimal carbs. You should feel more energy and see your body changing. Less bloat, less cravings, better sleep, etc. Keep it up! If you have to, start with a 14/10 then 16/8 then 18/6!! Your hormones will thank you

Why would I need to break my fast with high fat and low carb if I am not eating a low carb diet? Why would I need to work my way up to an 18 hour fast?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    ok?

My thoughts exactly...

Whatever makes it easier for you to hit your calorie goal. IF is an eating style, that's all.
  • sdolan91
    sdolan91 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I tried it, didn't like it.
    I like eating all times of the day.
    I can see how it helps you stay in calorie goal, but if I'm hungry, I eat.
  • dinadyna21
    dinadyna21 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Same here, tried it and hated it. Going too long without food makes me...grumpy
    But if it works for you awesome!
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it for a couple years. I skip breakfast and have a light lunch around 1pm, then dinner around 6pm. Works nicely for me because I don't get too hungry in the morning. I just drink tea to tide me over until lunch. Then I get to enjoy a nice big dinner.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options

I do a 20:4 mostly. I need to do that to lose. I maintain well on 16:8 but it is hard for me to lose. Depending on your eating habits, a 16:8 may work well for you. If it doesn't consider going 18:6. Experiment to see if your losing. Lost 55-lbs.

You can combine portion control or not. You can count calories or not. In the end, you will need to eat at the amount that will result not too many calories so you can lose.

I lost all my weight on the 20:4 without counting (or at least not sticking to some calorie pre-determined calorie limit) and I ate what I wanted and as much as I wanted in my window. The result was I didn't overeat and was able to lose even though I ate a desert most nights.

I know some who have had great success eating a smaller lunch, an afternoon snack, a moderate dinner, and an evening snack. That can work for a lot of people but you have to be careful to not overeat. It's usually easier for me to just postpone eating and then when I eat to eat tell full than to eat just a little and then stop before I'm full. Experiment and find what works for you!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    ok?

My thoughts exactly...

I liked and was successful with 5:2 for weight loss.
    Tried 16:8 at maintenance and didn't enjoy it - too restrictive for me, I don't like rigid rules.

I'm just a casual breakfast skipper now when it suits me or when I want to trim a few hundred calories off my day.