Introduce myself

Options
Hi,I have been tracking my food (calories,carbs,protein,fat)on MFP with varying degrees of success for quite a while. My goal is to lose 50 lbs and hopefully maybe get off some meds. At one time I lost 20 lbs with the help of a dietcion and keeping carbs,fats,and proteins balanced. I got completely fed up with having to constantly checking carbs,etc in everything I ate and completely gave up and of course gained back the weight. I want to get back on track and stay there without feeling constantly overwhelmed! Looking for encouragement and support,ideas for family and budget friendly meals and snacks. I don't want to have to cook 2 different meals! I have a husband,4 kids,3 daughters 1 son and 2 grandsons. I want to be able to spend a lot of time with them and be able to keep up with the little ones. My husband and I will be empty nesters in 4-5 years or so and we want to have many healthy happy active years together.

Heather

Replies

• Heather_J_May
    Heather_J_May Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you Heather. I'm a Heather too! I also have four children and I'm eating low-carb meals at the moment. How strange!!!
  • gayle14m
    gayle14m Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Heather. Im Gayle. I've carb counting due to being diabetic. Helping
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    If you have no particular reason to eat a specific diet low in carbs, I would recommend you focus on hitting your target caloric number. MFP does a decent job of tracking macros for you if that is your desire. Good luck and hope this app helps you get where you want to go. Been great for me.