Looking for running friends (and weight lifters)

Options
Hey there! I'm a seasoned MFP member who is currently training for my first marathon (Disney, January 7th, getting close!!) and simultaneously losing a couple extra pounds. Right now I'm going slow with the calorie restriction so I can still train adequately, and I'll probably go more hardcore after the race is over. I'm currently 5'6" and ~166#, goal of 161-162# for the race and 150# permanently when I can get there.

My true fitness love is weight lifting, so I plan to go back to doing more of that in the spring as well. Lately I only lift sporadically as my body allows.

I'm all about connecting with people who are doing similar things, so friend me if you're interested in keeping each other motivated and trouble shooting together when needed.

Replies

• brendanwhite84
    brendanwhite84 Posts: 220 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I was a bit let down when I had to lay off weightlifting for my big triathlon this summer, but I'm happy to be back at the heavy stuff for the winter off-season. :)

Good luck with the marathon - a race like that is always really satisfying to finish up.
  • EliseTK1
    EliseTK1 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I was a bit let down when I had to lay off weightlifting for my big triathlon this summer, but I'm happy to be back at the heavy stuff for the winter off-season. :)

Good luck with the marathon - a race like that is always really satisfying to finish up.

Thanks! And congrats on your triathlon. B)
  • ariceroni
    ariceroni Posts: 422 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Hi there! I'm an avid runner, just ran my first marathon a few weeks ago (Chicago Marathon), and am always happy to have more friends :) You should also check out the monthly running challenge thread (this months is: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10601913/october-2017-running-challenge); plenty of great running friends there!
  • EliseTK1
    EliseTK1 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    ariceroni wrote: »
    Hi there! I'm an avid runner, just ran my first marathon a few weeks ago (Chicago Marathon), and am always happy to have more friends :) You should also check out the monthly running challenge thread (this months is: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10601913/october-2017-running-challenge); plenty of great running friends there!

Congratulations on your first marathon!! I have a couple friends who just did that one as well. :)
    I'll check out the thread.
  • kbeda
    kbeda Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I can’t run any longer, but I am a true fan of lifting! Best with your training!