What the heck am I doing?!

Options
Well....here goes nothing. My name is Jennie, I'm currently a stay home mama of two littles while I finish my second degree. I seem to always be been between 100-115 pounds. Im 5'6. My heaviest (besides being pregnant) was either when I was drinking or super athletic in high school. I am now at 108 pounds and I hate it. I am looking to gain muscle. I am looking for a workout program and diet change to help me get to my goal of 120 pounds. The struggle is real. I can't gain to save my life. Myther half is on here doing weight loss and I'm opposite of him so sometimes it's conflicting. I have no idea what the heck I'm doing. Any tips tricks advice is all welcome.

Replies

• French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Since you were an athlete in high school, do you have a background in lifting or other resistance training? Here is an overview of some programs that might be helpful.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1

Regarding diet change, the more you can tell us about your current diet, the better we can help. I am assuming you probably already know about the high protein requirement to build muscle, generally given as around .8 grams per lb of bodyweight.

Are you doing a lot of cardio, or just not eating a lot, or both, to maintain at 108?
  • Rottweiler17
    Rottweiler17 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Welcome I know the struggle I have been small and scronny and hated it. The best thing yet the hardest is to eat more. You should track your calories and eat high calorie foods feel free to add if you want