Not happy

Ahhh I just had my dinner with a 100g chocolate bar a whole terrys chocolate orange and a big bag of crisps I've eat 2009 calories today!! I've been eat 1500 or under. Lost 3 lbs now I feel I have f'ed it up. What can I do to stay on track for the rest of the week??

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Weekly average is what matters. You have probably eaten close to maintenance, so no you have not f'ed it up in the least. Just get back on track tomorrow. :smile:
  • Jayj180894
    Jayj180894 Posts: 286 Member
    Sorry!! I meant 2909!! :(:( a moment of weakness. I stepped on the scales this morning delighted now I feel very full and very slobby. Hoping an hour at the gym will wave this feeling off
  • Jayj180894
    I meant 2909!! I also fast so feel even more bloated than I would if I had eaten throughout the day!! Bad time bad bad times
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Jayj180894 wrote: »
    I meant 2909!! I also fast so feel even more bloated than I would if I had eaten throughout the day!! Bad time bad bad times

1,509 -- even if your body turned it all to fat (which it won't), it's less than a pound. So just get back on track. Don't turn one bad day into several.

The bloating can be uncomfortable. If you get thirsty, drink some water. If you feel up to it, maybe take a walk. Be nice to yourself.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member

That's okay.. Its just approx 1509. Depending on the rest of your weeks logging, you will just lose weight a little slower this week.

We all have bad times, we all derail from time to time. Remember you triggers that cause this to happen, maybe work on strategies to handle stresses that arise that don't involve food, that takes time to work through. One day at a time.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Ahhh I just had my dinner with a 100g chocolate bar a whole terrys chocolate orange and a big bag of crisps I've eat 2009 calories today!! I've been eat 1500 or under. Lost 3 lbs now I feel I have f'ed it up. What can I do to stay on track for the rest of the week??

So you ate at maintenance? No big deal. Don't worry about it, just go back to your 1500 tomorrow
  • EllieElla2015
    EllieElla2015 Posts: 67 Member
    Even with the bigger intake of 2,900, the other advice still stands. Peak at my diary, on Monday I ate over 4,000 calories. It’ll be okay.

If you’d like to try to offset it, you can eat 200 calories less for the next 5 days (meaning you eat 1,300 instead of 1,500 calories). This means at the end of the 5 days, you would have created an additional 1,000 calorie deficit which offsets the majority of your extra calories.

Also consider upping your intake overall. My 4K meal was planned, not a binge. When I was eating 1,500 or less calories I had actual binges that hindered my loss. I now eat 1,740 and feel good, can fit treats, feel full, don’t feel deprived and really just happy. Unless you’re super petite or super inactive you can probably lose on more calories. It’s a miracle what an extra couple hundred calories can do.

Also, maybe consider setting weekly goals rather than daily goals so you can have low days and high days if you like to eat a little more on weekends or whenever.
  • Jayj180894
    Thank you guys! I know it's not a huge deal in the long run, but my brain usually says well you f'ed up today so no point for the rest of week. That's why I'm over weight in the first place!!
  • FitGamerSmoak
    FitGamerSmoak Posts: 224 Member
    Agreed, you can't change the past, you can only move forward. So say whatever that was a bad choice, let's do better, and do that. Drink some water, do a workout, start over. That's all you can do. As many have said one bad day doesn't ruin it all.
  • kierrakins
    kierrakins Posts: 16 Member
    edited October 2017
    Ugh, story of my life!! Make short term goals that are easy for you and opt to make your own chocolate bark or something that is fewer calories

Go 6 days without going over your calorie limit, have a portioned sweet treat. Work out for 15 minutes everyday for a week, go out to see a movie. Goals and rewards were helpful to form habits for me in the beginning
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,214 Member
    Thank you guys! I know it's not a huge deal in the long run, but my brain usually says well you f'ed up today so no point for the rest of week. That's why I'm over weight in the first place!!

Same as others have said, beating yourself up isn't productive. Take this as an opportunity to learn. The next time you feel some cravings or reach for junk food remember how your body feels now and decide if it's worth it or not. Sometimes you'll choose to eat less-than-ideal food and/or overindulge, and that's ok. Think big picture and don't let it throw you totally off your game, the math shows it's not that much to overcome in the grand scheme of things.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member

The brain can be such a PITA, right? I agree with all the advice above, let it go and continue on with your good habits. I find, for me, the first day after a serious indulgence or a time of feeling out of control is the hardest. After that it becomes much easier to fall back into the habit of making better choices.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Log it, move on, and determine why it happened so you can combat the urge next time. Do you eat out of boredom or stress? Have you been over-restrictive of certain foods?
  • mieddy
    mieddy Posts: 19 Member
    the important step is that you tracked it. i used to never track my binges because I was ashamed. this led to multiple days of eating wwaaaayy over my calorie budget. having accountability for our choices helps. it was one day. i also want to say that even though i have had multiple days of overeating, i have still managed to lose weight.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,530 Member
    edited October 2017

And THAT is why beating yourself up and making things harder by trying to compensate is often counterproductive.

A 1500 calories overage amortised over the next week, month, or year becomes trivial.

An extra 1500 Cal a day for the next week (while you continue to berate yourself for not being perfect) will continue adding up till the cumulative results become significant.

• Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    It is one day and there will, no doubt, be other days like this... that is the way life goes. You have good days and bad days. It could have been worse, I can assure you. I was over by about 4k calories the other Sunday and my weight was down a little the following Saturday weigh in. It balances out and I am sure you wont be craving chocolate for a little while now. Just carry on as you usually do and accept that maybe you are one of those people, like myself, who prefers to have it all in one go rather than spread out over time.

I hope you enjoyed the chocolate...that is an important part. Too often we eat beyond the point of enjoyment and then that does render those extra calories a bit pointless.