Moms over 30 years need to loose over 50lbs

Options
2»

Replies

• Snapback89
    Snapback89 Posts: 4 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Hi i am a mum of 2, 7&4! I lost weight after having my youngest and reached my goal
    weight, however i became complacent and lazy and regained the weight, and some! Need some support from some friendly members to reach my goal again. Would be lovely if i gained some friends through this post
  • rcervetto
    rcervetto Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm a 29 year old (almost 30s!) mom to a 7 month old girl. I've lost 37 pounds so far and have about 25 left to go. Feel free to add me, I'm always looking for more weight loss friends!
  • TicaKali
    TicaKali Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am not a mom but I am mid 30s and want to lose some weight.

I stepped on the scale not so long ago and it read 193 lbs. I am 5ft 6 and I had stopped working out because I hurt my foot. I began cutting back the junk food and went down to 191 lbs.

A lady at my church told me about this tea called Iaso tea and my I drank it for one week and my weight went down to 188. I stopped with the tea because it was too expensive and my weight went back to 191.

I came across Intermittent fasting videos on YouTube where people were saying it helped them lose 50 lbs, 30lbs so I had to try it.

I have been doing Intermittent fasting since October 9th and my weight went from 191 to my current weight today November 13th 185.4. This is with no exercise.

Today November 13th with my foot better I did my first cardiovascular workout (Shaun T focus T25). I had this DVD set a while now. Comes with 10 DVD 25 minutes each. I am excited to see what happens with fasting and working out.

I also purchased the Toastmaster halogen oven on sale at Walmart in Canada for $49. It's great for you busy mom's and for me now eating healthier.

BEST OF LUCK TO ALL YOU MOM'S ON YOUR JOURNEY!!!

Thx to share.....glad to meet you!
  • Shemmy_Ashanty
    Shemmy_Ashanty Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    TicaKali wrote: »

I stepped on the scale not so long ago and it read 193 lbs. I am 5ft 6 and I had stopped working out because I hurt my foot. I began cutting back the junk food and went down to 191 lbs.

A lady at my church told me about this tea called Iaso tea and my I drank it for one week and my weight went down to 188. I stopped with the tea because it was too expensive and my weight went back to 191.

I came across Intermittent fasting videos on YouTube where people were saying it helped them lose 50 lbs, 30lbs so I had to try it.

I have been doing Intermittent fasting since October 9th and my weight went from 191 to my current weight today November 13th 185.4. This is with no exercise.

Today November 13th with my foot better I did my first cardiovascular workout (Shaun T focus T25). I had this DVD set a while now. Comes with 10 DVD 25 minutes each. I am excited to see what happens with fasting and working out.

I also purchased the Toastmaster halogen oven on sale at Walmart in Canada for $49. It's great for you busy mom's and for me now eating healthier.

Thx to share.....glad to meet you!

You'really welcome!

Seriously you can look into Intermittent fasting considering you are not diabetic or have any other health issues that would become problematic for you. Since I started it didn't take long to notice the changes in my body.

My weight has been consistently going down.
    With just an 8 hour window to eat I rarely eat junk food if any at all.
  • meloyellow27
    meloyellow27 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom of two boys (6 and 4). I've lost 48 lbs so far with at least 6 more lbs to lose (maybe more... but that would just be for vanity). Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • daisywillwin
    daisywillwin Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You'll do great TicaKali, I was in a similar position and the best advice I can give is track everything! Do it before you eat anything, otherwise, you'll fall into the trap of forgetting to log and that's where it all goes wrong.

THIS also. Shemmy is so right with the Intermittent fasting. It works so well! I'm a busy mum as well so also go a halogen oven which really helps to cook quick healthy meals. I got the Tower Health T14001 which uses very little oil in order to cook.

We believe in you :) feel free to add me!
  • Trishaf66
    Trishaf66 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am 30 will be 31 next month and I am a mom to 3 kids I have a 10 year old an 8 year old and a 6 year old I am 5’6 and 190 lbs I’m looking to lose 50-55 lbs and I have been on mfp for years off and on but never stuck with it this time I am really hoping to hit my goal. Feel free to add me :)
  • aniax32016
    aniax32016 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello, almost 40 year old mom who feels like she’s always swamped. I have three kids 10, 7 & 7 and I have about 55 pounds give or take. 🤪 I definitely need some motivation. I love to eat junk so this has been tough but I know I can do it. Nice to meet you all