Having trouble with eating carbs

Options
Hey guys! i have been eating some form of protein in the morning with tea. For lunch and dinner, I eat 1 cup of githeri (kenyan bean dish with spinach and corn and liver). I do 30 min HITT workouts monday through Friday. But my macros for carbs is always so high before the end of the day. How do I go about dealing with this? I do feel that I need carbs but I didn't know you get so much from beans.

Replies

• ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Personally, its easier for me to just focus on calories and protein. Has had no effect on loss.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with eating high carbs, unless it's crowding out your other macros to the point that you're not getting sufficient quantities of those.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I don't concern myself with carbs...

yes, beans are largely carbohydrates (also a decent source of vegetarian protein)...grains are carbs (corn), veggies are carbs (your spinach).

Carbs have nothing to do with weight management...weight management is about calories.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Beans are good for you, great fiber too! Nothing wrong with carbs in the least, but if want to know how many carbs you are eating or going to eat, try pre-logging of your meals if you want.

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Get a minimum of protein then don’t worry about the rest. Total calories wii determine if you gain or lose. Your lunch sounds delicious.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    As long as you get enough protein and fat, it doesn't matter if you eat high carb.