Going by weekly calories is making me gain weight

Options
2»

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Laveesha wrote: »
    I don't know why you would choose weekly over daily calorie counts. The smaller the time increments, the better, for me. I think it is easy to see how many calories a day I've spent, but if I look at a big number, I might be inclined to eat more, thinking, Hey, I have a lot of calories left. As we say, one day at a time.

To have a life.

I save 100-200 calories a day during the week to enjoy a meal out with drinks at the weekend.

Exactly this!
  • idk319
    idk319 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have a small body frame and I lost weight, but as I'm gaining it, the fat is going to my thighs. I went from hourglass shape to pear shape
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Can you please tell us when you started maintenance and when you started eating per weekly calories?

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,929 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    Can you please tell us when you started maintenance and when you started eating per weekly calories?

July 31: 135lbs with goal to lose 7lbs
    October 28: 127lbs and re-gaining so much weight that shape has changed from hour-glass to pear shape?

What am I missing?
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,082 Member
    Options
    I don't know why you would choose weekly over daily calorie counts. The smaller the time increments, the better, for me. I think it is easy to see how many calories a day I've spent, but if I look at a big number, I might be inclined to eat more, thinking, Hey, I have a lot of calories left. As we say, one day at a time.

I like doing weekly calories - have done so in maitenance for 4 years.

However it does still show your daily numbers - you can still see on a daily basis how many you have consumed - the week still shows in 7 separate days of (in my case ) 1710 calories - it doesn't just show one block of a week.

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Orphia wrote: »

July 31: 135lbs with goal to lose 7lbs
    October 28: 127lbs and re-gaining so much weight that shape has changed from hour-glass to pear shape?

What am I missing?

Yeah, I don't get it either.

@idk319 How's your self-image? Are you happy with yourself as a person in general?
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    idk319 wrote: »
    I have a small body frame and I lost weight, but as I'm gaining it, the fat is going to my thighs. I went from hourglass shape to pear shape

At a BMI of 19, I'm sure you're hardly pear-shaped. Have you considered chatting with a doctor about your body image issues?
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options

To have a life.

I save 100-200 calories a day during the week to enjoy a meal out with drinks at the weekend.

Exactly this!

+1