Woot! Halo Top Coming To The Uk

Options
Graelwyn75
Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
Have seen so many people posting about this delightful and low calorie dessert and it is so unusual for such things to make it over here. I am sure the price will be extortionate but I definitely want to try it... hoping we get a good range of flavours.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/low-calorie-ice-cream-halo-top-plans-uk-launch-2017-10

Replies

• GrumpyHeadmistress
    GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Graelwyn75 wrote: »
    Have seen so many people posting about this delightful and low calorie dessert and it is so unusual for such things to make it over here. I am sure the price will be extortionate but I definitely want to try it... hoping we get a good range of flavours.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/low-calorie-ice-cream-halo-top-plans-uk-launch-2017-10

You don’t know how happy you just made me. Let’s hope they’ve got a deal with at least one of the big four. Unlike Oppo which i struggle to find.
  • kazminchu
    kazminchu Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Oh My God. Please let this be true. Also I second GrumpyHead's point, please let it be one of the supermarkets I actually have a chance of getting to.
  • fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Hopefully they make everything available, including the new vegan line
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    According to the link it will be in major supermarkets which suggests Tesco/Asda/Sainsburys. I can get Oppo pretty easily but they are, currently at least, limited on flavours. I hope it's as good and cheaper would be amazing.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Really?

We are so much closer why can't Canada get this?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I'm curious to see how much they're going to charge. The cheapest i can get a tub of halo top for here in Aus is $10 - £5.83, but this store only carries 2 boring flavours. The store that carries lots of flavours charges $12.50 - £7.30 :rage:
  • VintageFeline
    Options
    Oppo is about £5 I think so I wouldn't be surprised if they come in at the same level being there isn't a lot of competition in the market.
  • mlinci
    mlinci Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    That's great news. Oppo is excellent, but more competition in that segment would be great. I tried Halo Top couple of weeks ago when I was in the States, and I loved it.
  • CatinSydney
    CatinSydney Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    In Aus it's $10 for 473ml, sometimes on special at Woolies for $8. They have 4 flavours: mint choc chip, chocolate, vanilla bean and Birthday Cake (I don't know what that flavour is supposed to be). Anyway I tried the chocolate, maybe it was a bad choice, but it tasted like cardboard (not that I really know what cardboard tastes like ... lol) ... maybe the US version is different because I hear such good things about it from here.
  • JustRobby1
    JustRobby1 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Halo Top has grown exponentially since the companies inception. It was not all that long ago that Whole Foods was the only place I could find it. Hell, now I can even get it at the connivence store down the street. Glad they are making the trip across the pond for you guys.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    In Aus it's $10 for 473ml, sometimes on special at Woolies for $8. They have 4 flavours: mint choc chip, chocolate, vanilla bean and Birthday Cake (I don't know what that flavour is supposed to be). Anyway I tried the chocolate, maybe it was a bad choice, but it tasted like cardboard (not that I really know what cardboard tastes like ... lol) ... maybe the US version is different because I hear such good things about it from here.

The woolies in my state only stock mint chip and birthday cake, neither of which are worth spending $10 on.
    The other more expensive store carries all the goodens. Peanut butter, salted caramel etc etc

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Good for you, still not worth the price tag nor the calories for me.
  • Graelwyn75
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Yes, well, if it is as expensive as our current lower calorie brand, it is unlikely it would be a regular thing. Also, I would not say it is good for me, per se. I was sharing information mostly and an excitement to simply try what so many people have been extolling the virtues of. I also am underweight so yeah, I don't think I will be too concerned over 300 odd calories to try out one tub of ice cream, if one can label it ice cream officially.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    This is where I've talked something up so much that I'm terrified of someone actually trying it for the first time. I'm worried they'll be disappointed and deem me untrustworthy.
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    It's soooooo good!
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    Options

Yes, well, if it is as expensive as our current lower calorie brand, it is unlikely it would be a regular thing. Also, I would not say it is good for me, per se. I was sharing information mostly and an excitement to simply try what so many people have been extolling the virtues of. I also am underweight so yeah, I don't think I will be too concerned over 300 odd calories to try out one tub of ice cream, if one can label it ice cream officially.

Oppo isn't expensive, is it? The standard price is the same (less, even) as a tub of Ben and Jerry's or Haagen Dazs; I think it's very reasonable. Moreso when on offer but I still pay full price if it's not. I have some most weeks with the weekly shop as I love it :)
  • Graelwyn75
    Options
    scarlett_k wrote: »

Oppo isn't expensive, is it? The standard price is the same (less, even) as a tub of Ben and Jerry's or Haagen Dazs; I think it's very reasonable. Moreso when on offer but I still pay full price if it's not. I have some most weeks with the weekly shop as I love it :)

Depends as Asda often has offers on brands like Haagen Daas and Ben And Jerrys where it is reduced to £3-£4. Waitrose charges £5 for a tub of Oppo.
  • VintageFeline
    Options
    scarlett_k wrote: »

Well, those are premium brands so no, in comparison to other premium brands it's not expensive. But I wouldn't buy those two very often either, largely when on offer. Because £5 for a tub of ice cream is a lot.

• MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding me? The UK is getting it before Canada??? Ugh, I’m just going to go have a pout now.