I need some good Salad ideas (Prefferably with instructions) for late night cravings.

Options
Salads are pretty much my main source of daily greens and I would love to experiment with various recipes, would appreciate if you can share some of your personal favorites with me!

Replies

• Sunnybrooke99
    Sunnybrooke99 Posts: 369 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Craisins, walnut bits, blue cheese crumbles, apples and strawberries if you like. and basaltic vinaigrette. With those little heads of lettuce that come in the four pack. They look like baby red leaf, green leaf..

Romain with salmon, cucumbers, avocado, chickpeas and caesar, or ranch

Spinach or Romain with red onions, tomato, thin slicked left over steak and sliced little potatoes (steak and potatoes warmed). With ceasar, sweet onion, or honey mustard.

Romain, blue cheese dressing or sweet onion, snap peas, red onion, avocado, and radishes.

I like the Pyrex six cup rectangle containers for prepping salads.
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm loving apples, pears, romaine, red onions, and cashews in a lemon-olive oil vinaigrette.

Chopped red bell peppers, cucumbers, mushrooms, chickpeas, and spinach with an egg free thousand island.

Taco salad is easy and delicious: romaine hearts, black beans, corn kernels, green bell peppers, jicama, olives, red and green onions, avocado, and salsa with your choice of sour cream or light ranch.

Roasted beets and oranges, sliced and dressed in orange juice and olive oil.

And then, of course, there's this:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/738594/more-salad-ideas-than-you-can-shake-a-stick-at/p1
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Do you actually crave salad at night, or are you just looking for something to eat when you get a non-specific late-night craving? I'd rather go to bed unfulfilled than eat a salad when I have the munchies, but that's just me :lol:

I buy pre-washed mixed greens for easy-to-grab salad and add whatever strikes my fancy for meals. Late night craving almost always end in chocolate, though (within my calorie goal, of course!)
  • celiah909
    celiah909 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    This was an amazing salad! https://cookieandkate.com/2017/mexican-green-salad-recipe/

Only thing I did differently was add half an avocado to the dressing and not the tahini.
  • maura_tasi
    maura_tasi Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Craisins, walnut bits, blue cheese crumbles, apples and strawberries if you like. and basaltic vinaigrette. With those little heads of lettuce that come in the four pack. They look like baby red leaf, green leaf..

Romain with salmon, cucumbers, avocado, chickpeas and caesar, or ranch

Spinach or Romain with red onions, tomato, thin slicked left over steak and sliced little potatoes (steak and potatoes warmed). With ceasar, sweet onion, or honey mustard.

Romain, blue cheese dressing or sweet onion, snap peas, red onion, avocado, and radishes.

I like the Pyrex six cup rectangle containers for prepping salads.

All of these sound so delicious!