Skinny pigs

Options

Replies

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Vampire81 wrote: »
    So i guess no one done it then! Ive been going for 2wks now really enjoy it aleast u feel as u done exercise n not boring like the gym can b n personality i dont think it body shamming at all, im a size 16, there women there bigger but aleast we have one gold in commit

I guess you didn't see the billboard or posters or read what the owner tweets?
  • Vampire81
    Vampire81 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    All i did was ask a question! Why is everyone taken the piss and blowning it in to some its not!
    Can honestly say this group is so judgemental!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    So i guess no one done it then! Ive been going for 2wks now really enjoy it aleast u feel as u done exercise n not boring like the gym can b n personality i dont think it body shamming at all, im a size 16, there women there bigger but aleast we have one gold in commit

Personally, I would never patronize a business that thinks of their clients as 'pigs' and that tries to publicly humiliate anyone who questions their practices. But YMMV.

That guys tweet were mental...
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    All i did was ask a question! Why is everyone taken the piss and blowning it in to some its not!

You didn't read the links then?
  • singingflutelady
    Options

So is skinny pigs but to each their own. If you have no issue with the attitude of the owner and their advertising go for it. I personally would never go to a place where the owner is so unprofessional and insensitive
  • Vampire81
    Vampire81 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Get on with it, all i asked was one question if ppl dont like well dont put any thing down, is that so hard! Guess it is !!
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Get on with it, all i asked was one question if ppl dont like well dont put any thing down, is that so hard! Guess it is !!

you asked a question - people responded with their thoughts about the program after doing research - opinions (which you asked for) can be judgemental - so you kind of got exactly what you asked for
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    not to mention if you go to their website they promote a protein powder that CLAIMS to boosts metabolism,immune system,reduce blood pressure and reduce symptoms of stress and depression, reduces the risk of breast cancer in women and aids in weight loss among other crazy claims. yeah not happening,such bogus claims!!. oh and their workouts they say burn 9x more fat than other workouts LMAO

it says has Glutathione in it which I found https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/glutathione#section=Top
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options

That's a bit judgemental. :)
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Wow gotta say I am shocked that guy was such a D-bag on public media, I mean The first thing any intelligent legitmate business owner that wants to stay in business knows is that you NEVER come back and attack someone on the internet especially your own clients, it makes you look petty and quite frankly really aggressive and stupid, and nobody (with half a brain) wants to patronize that kind of business.....and this is apparently the case because of his responses he is losing a lot of business. I actually don't have a problem with calling it skinny pigs, I just don't give a crap about wording like that, I am not that soft and there are more important things to get your panties in a twist over. It was his responses that really turned me off and riled me up.
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    ccruz985 wrote: »

You'll find that most people on MFP are like this and most of your responses will be like this. If you're have gastric bypass surgery, you're a cheater. If you take diet pills, you're stupid, etc. If someone decides they don't like what you're saying, it's a personal attack and they race to claim that they're being victimized. If you want an opinion on these boards feel free to put yourself out there but be ready for people who go straight to telling you all of the ways {they think} you're doing it wrong.

Are you serious? Who in this thread is claiming to be a victim? Who in this thread has "attacked" the OP? Who told OP they are wrong? Do you have any input for the OP, or did you just come on here to deride the MFP community?
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    SNOWFLAKEY VICTIMS Funny how I'm the bad guy, y'all just sitting taking pot shots at me and my business then play the victim when I don't like down and take it — Skinnypigs® Fitness (@SkinnypigsUK) October 17, 2017

DID I MENTION FEMINAZIS? You don't even realise that modern feminism is so polluted with self loathing, man hating looms. We have equality now, it's a good thing — Skinnypigs® Fitness (@SkinnypigsUK) October 17, 2017

CAT LOVING FEMINAZIS I'm sorry you are choosing a behavioural pattern that will lead you to inevitable loneliness and misery.. and lots of cats

Just gonna put this here, I mean what does the guy expect. There are ones even worse than this. Talk about looking petty.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options

You'll find that most people on MFP are like this and most of your responses will be like this. If you're have gastric bypass surgery, you're a cheater. If you take diet pills, you're stupid, etc. If someone decides they don't like what you're saying, it's a personal attack and they race to claim that they're being victimized. If you want an opinion on these boards feel free to put yourself out there but be ready for people who go straight to telling you all of the ways {they think} you're doing it wrong.

some may feel like gastric bypass is cheating but many here lost the weight on their own and didnt need the surgery and others had it and gained the weight back. its hardly cheating as you cant eat as much as you want and still lose even with the surgery. you are on very low calories for a long period of time(hubbys friend just had it several months ago).

as for personal attacks,some may see it as that but many times its because we see the same questions being asked over and over and we want people to lose the weight the healthy way and not waste money on gimmicky products or those that can be dangerous(such as diet pills). one lady on here can tell you her horror story while taking diet pills. many others can tell you the health issues they developed using them.

when it comes to posting a question on a public forum you are opening yourself up to all kinds of opinions. you either take the ones you dont like with a grain of salt and move on or feel like you are being attacked. most of us try to support others here,but if we see people wasting money on products that have proven not to do things,or we think there maybe better alternatives to losing weight(such as counting calories) then many of us will suggest trying that first. some may truly need the surgery if their health is at risk and thats fine. But you know what they say about opinions.
  • singingflutelady
    Options

@ccruz985 have you even read what the skinny pigs dude has said on social media? I'm not sure why you think we shouldn't call this dude and his program out.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    Options
    Hah, skinny pig

EXbw4T
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Options

@ccruz985 have you even read what the skinny pigs dude has said on social media? I'm not sure why you think we shouldn't call this dude and his program out.

@singingflutelady Read what I wrote; I didn't say anything about what he said or didn't say. I'm addressing the poster's annoyance about the tone of the responses she's getting.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options

You asked a question and people found the answer. What's the problem?