29 years old...

Options
TPTP3
TPTP3 Posts: 5 Member
For about 6-8 weeks I wasn't feeling right. I was about 230 pounds and 6'3 and ate poorly but was somewhat active, played basketball, a lot of walks, etc.

I started to feel dizzy at times, my legs would feel a little weak and felt a buzzing in my groin area sometimes (TMI I know - but it was like a cell phone was going off in my pocket).

I tested blood sugar with a kit I bought but that wasn't the issue. I finally decided to stop by a Walgreens on the way to the park with my wife and two little girls to get my blood pressure. I was at 180/110. Scared the hell out of me.

I saw my doctor the next day and the blood pressure had gone down to about 140. My anxiety of not feeling well did not help at all.

That was about 7 weeks ago. I started using MFP app and did some pretty easy changes.

1. I do the elliptical every morning. I think doing something in the AM is extremely helpful and sets the right tone.

2. I go to the gym during my lunch. Do some lifting on the machines and some form of cardio. Typically running.

3. I try to stay under my goal in 3 of these 4 categories every day (calories, sugar, cholesterol, sodium). The hardest one for me is easily the sodium.

At this point I am down to 209 pounds and essentially all of my symptoms have subsided to nothing. The weight has been a secondary concern but eating healthier and exercising is going to naturally shed weight. I feel a lot better and the blood pressure is already getting much better.

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!