Stubborn weight won't come off

Options
So i'm confused as to why I quit losing weight. I had lost over 40 pounds but then I quit because my daughter started college and we moved and blah blah blah ate like a pig. Anyways, I've been back at it now for over a month and I've lost 2 of the pounds that i had gained back. I know 2 pounds is still a loss but i don't understand why I am not seeing bigger numbers. I want to lose 10 pounds before i turn 50 Dec. 28th. That would put me in the 160's which i haven't seen in ages. I eat between 1200 and 1600 most days and i do mostly cardio with zumba or walking videos (i usually run instead of walking). I have a calorie deficit every day. I've started making myself take a rest day once a week and this week i started doing yoga, bodyweight exercises, and some dumbell workouts. I'm not going to join a gym cause i know I won't go and I don't want to get buff. I just want to lose this stubborn 10 pounds. Any suggestions or do you all think that if i keep doing what i'm doing, it will eventually come off. Thanks!

Replies

• MsChewMe
    MsChewMe Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    The last 10 pounds are the slowest of all. Make sure your calorie counting is precise.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

If you really want to lose those 10 pounds you need to run. RUN, not jog. Start doing 30 minutes and then go up to an hour. Increase the pace, or distance, every 2 weeks so your body doesn't get used to it.

:huh: :noway:

That's a great way to get an injury!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    You need a larger deficit. What you are doing now worked for you when you were fatter, but won't work now. Your body has adjusted. Plus, walking or yoga, or anything else you are doing won't get you to where you want to be quickly. You need real cardio.

If you really want to lose those 10 pounds you need to run. RUN, not jog. Start doing 30 minutes and then go up to an hour. Increase the pace, or distance, every 2 weeks so your body doesn't get used to it.

Also, reduce your caloric intake a little every 2 weeks. If you really go hard, you could easily lose it in a month or less. But there can't be any cheat or lazy days.

In the end, it is all about how much you really want it.

No.

OP, how are you measuring your calorie intake?
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    You need a larger deficit. What you are doing now worked for you when you were fatter, but won't work now. Your body has adjusted. Plus, walking or yoga, or anything else you are doing won't get you to where you want to be quickly. You need real cardio.

Also, reduce your caloric intake a little every 2 weeks. If you really go hard, you could easily lose it in a month or less. But there can't be any cheat or lazy days.

In the end, it is all about how much you really want it.

There so much NO in this post.

OP the last 10 pounds comes down to precision. Logging efforts need to be on point, assuring if you are eating back exercise cals make sure they are the proper amount to keep you in your calorie deficit (meaning not eating too many back). You can try to increase your NEAT (non exercise activities) if you want to, increase your movements or activities through a day even by a small amount adds up.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10610953/neat-improvement-strategies-to-improve-weight-loss/p1

Increasing the volume and intensity of your workouts should be done sensibly as to not injure your self, exercise should keep you energized and not fatigued as in moving less during the day negating some of the calorie burning you did through exercise.

Albeit slower and frustrating keep going with your efforts it will come off!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,652 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    No she doesn't. The last 10 take more diligence just based on how the body works. And one can do "real" cardio and STILL not get weight loss because they can consume enough not to.
    If you really want to lose those 10 pounds you need to run. RUN, not jog.
    No you don't. Especially at 50. The impact on the joints and bones may be more than she needs. Exercise is for fitness and health, NOT for one to lose weight.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options

fu68co8srnv5.jpg

• Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    klkc2005 wrote: »
    So i'm confused as to why I quit losing weight. I had lost over 40 pounds but then I quit because my daughter started college and we moved and blah blah blah ate like a pig. Anyways, I've been back at it now for over a month and I've lost 2 of the pounds that i had gained back. I know 2 pounds is still a loss but i don't understand why I am not seeing bigger numbers. I want to lose 10 pounds before i turn 50 Dec. 28th. That would put me in the 160's which i haven't seen in ages. I eat between 1200 and 1600 most days and i do mostly cardio with zumba or walking videos (i usually run instead of walking). I have a calorie deficit every day. I've started making myself take a rest day once a week and this week i started doing yoga, bodyweight exercises, and some dumbell workouts. I'm not going to join a gym cause i know I won't go and I don't want to get buff. I just want to lose this stubborn 10 pounds. Any suggestions or do you all think that if i keep doing what i'm doing, it will eventually come off. Thanks!

If you just started the body weight and dumbbell workouts, you may be retaining some water that may mask weight loss temporarily. Checking on logging accuracy is also important.