1012 combined after 5.5 months

Options
Only a training total but so happy. I’ve had 1000 as a goal since I started lifting bit more than 5 months back. It seemed to be something I could hit but hard enough that it would take some real effort.

Lifts were squat 354, bench 205, deadlift 453 and I felt I could have done maybe 360 on squat and few more on deadlift. It made me set next goal at 1100 by my 1 year anniversary. I know that might be too much to hope for but without trying how would I know what is possible!

Replies

• MilesAddie
    MilesAddie Posts: 166 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    What do you weigh? Are you eating at maint, deficit, surplus?
  • Okiludy
    Okiludy Posts: 558 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Was eating deficit and went from 300 to 245. Now eating maintenance but not adding in calories from lifting. Do add from cardio but only about 50%. Goal of losing from .5 to 1 lbs a week but not too worried. If I keep making progress toward next pants size down don’t mind if stay same weight.
  • MilesAddie
    MilesAddie Posts: 166 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I think that goal is pretty reasonable. Looking at your numbers, your DL is your best lift at about 57% for men at 245 lbs, followed by your squat at 40%. Your Bench is the weakest lift at 11%, but I’m sure you could up that by 40+ lbs in a year, considering you’ve only been training for 5 months. That leaves < 60 pounds to split between the other two lifts. But if the bench continues to be an issue, you might have to look into incorporating a supplemental training plan to get that chest number higher. I’m in that process now with my shoulders, which has been a weak point for me, and is limiting me on Clean + Jerks.

When I started to get closer to goal weight, I noticed my lifts had plateaued, so I upped my calories and tweaked my nutrition a little bit, now I’m back to adding weight again.

I’ve also got it set to lose 0.5 lbs per week, and I’m not worried about “weight” as much as pants size, etc.

Good luck!